Forum home Road cycling forum Road buying advice

Waterproof shoe covers for trainers etc

CiclicasatiCiclicasati Posts: 740
edited September 2011 in Road buying advice
My sister is after some shoe covers for her commute but she doesnt use spds etc. Are there any cycle specific water proof shoe covers that work with trainers and the like?



  • thegibdogthegibdog Posts: 2,106
    Surely normal cycling overshoes would do the job?
  • thegibdog wrote:
    Surely normal cycling overshoes would do the job?

    might get worn down because of the pedal contact?
  • Gazzetta67Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Maybe a divers boot would do the trick (one size bigger) neoprene with a gym sole type base ??? :?:
  • gore tex walking shoes?
  • cougiecougie Posts: 22,512
    Does she have mudguards and flaps on her bike ? That would be my first point of call.

    After that - yeah try some big overshoes. They shouldnt wear that much as theres a hole where the pedal cleat would be - but you'll need oversize as trainers are much bigger than cycling shoes.
  • Mudguards, water proof jacket, gloves, trousers, cap...but nobody likes soggy socks.
    Yeah oversize shoe covers might be the answer. I dont think she wants to buy new shoes or diving boots or anything- just a gortex type eleacticated cover was what i was thinking but have not seen any.
  • cougiecougie Posts: 22,512
    Ride sockless and change after ?
  • :roll:
  • Keith1983 wrote:
    gore tex walking shoes?

    or goretex socks.. lets the shoe get wet.. but keeps the feet dry!
Sign In or Register to comment.