Guilty Pleasures - Music

tailwindhome
tailwindhome Posts: 19,000
edited September 2011 in Commuting chat
Just bought a Bruce Springsteen box set - his first 7 albums for an amazing £16.

Had forgotten just what a great album Born In The USA was.

That is all

Did a quick search for Greg T's original (and best ever) thread but it must be pre forum meltdown and unsearchable.
“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!

Comments

• Springsteen is hardly a 'guilty pleasure'. He is a fully credible artist.
  • Did a quick search for Greg T's original (and best ever) thread but it must be pre forum meltdown and unsearchable.

What, this one?

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopi ... sc&start=0
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    Maybe, but mention him to a teenager and watch their reaction. He may be a credible artist, but cool, no way hence a guilty pleasure.

Just been searching through my i-pod looking for a guilty pleasure and there's too many to mention although Dire Straits do stand out :oops:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Chris Evans played Born To Run this am; I was in the car and found that the volume do indeed go to 11 when required.

Apart from that track and maybe Philadelphia I haven't got much time for him. Didn't we used to have a Guilty Pleasures thread a while back? I vaguely recall nominating Sugar Baby Love by The Rubettes on that one.
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    After a good bout of road rage with a white van man, I like to unwind with some Norah Jones.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Rich158 wrote:
    Maybe, but mention him to a teenager and watch their reaction. He may be a credible artist, but cool, no way hence a guilty pleasure.

Just been searching through my i-pod looking for a guilty pleasure and there's too many to mention although Dire Straits do stand out :oops:

a sold out hyde park a couple of years back might disagree with you there. I've never really cared for him, but rather enjoyed the whole thing (I got in free on the guestlist)

He's no my Chemical fringe pouting @rsehole Romance though
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • ghost of tom jones
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Rich158 wrote:

a sold out hyde park a couple of years back might disagree with you there. I've never really cared for him, but rather enjoyed the whole thing (I got in free on the guestlist)

Filling Hyde Park with Jeremy Clarkson lookalikes still doesn't make him cool.

If we're going to nominate songs my greatest guilty pleasure is Joan Jett & the Blackhearts- I Love Rock & Roll. That song just lifts my mood and takes me back to my yoof every time I hear it :lol:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Rich158 wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Rich158 wrote:

If we're going to nominate songs my greatest guilty pleasure is Joan Jett & the Blackhearts- I Love Rock & Roll. That song just lifts my mood and takes me back to my yoof every time I hear it :lol:

first you moon/goatse me, then say I look like clarkson. Dude, you're on some thin ice.

The crowd was really varied in all honesty I was quite surprised
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • OK, I'll tell you my guilty pleasure in music...

You know that boys band The Wanted? They've got that f#$@n song "I'm glad you came" or something like that... Every time it's on the radio I enjoy it, for fcuk sake...

Just to mention I'm more into "a bit" different side of musical spectrum, you know, just listening to the new albums by Sepultura, Mastodon and Chimaira...

Now kill me.
  • nickel
    nickel Posts: 476
    medoramas wrote:
    OK, I'll tell you my guilty pleasure in music...

You know that boys band The Wanted? They've got that f#$@n song "I'm glad you came" or something like that... Every time it's on the radio I enjoy it, for fcuk sake...

Just to mention I'm more into "a bit" different side of musical spectrum, you know, just listening to the new albums by Sepultura, Mastodon and Chimaira...

Now kill me.

Is Kairos any good? Ive got the last couple of Sepultura albums and haven't been overly impressed, A-Lex was alright but none of the post Max albums have had the same Sepultura magic for me.

Anyway, given my favourite music is death metal, playing a bit of Adele from time to time when the mood takes is a guilty pleasure, along with some of Lady GaGa's annoyingly catchy tunes.
  • Nickel wrote:
    Is Kairos any good? Ive got the last couple of Sepultura albums and haven't been overly impressed, A-Lex was alright but none of the post Max albums have had the same Sepultura magic for me.

Anyway, given my favourite music is death metal, playing a bit of Adele from time to time when the mood takes is a guilty pleasure, along with some of Lady GaGa's annoyingly catchy tunes.
    Well, I'm one of those weirdos who prefers post-Max Sepultura ;-) Honestly thinking I reckon Kairos is very, very good record. It's quite raw in sound, not over-produced unlike many new heavy albums. Give it a go, it's worth it!

And there is nothing wrong with Adele! I'd put her albums on my mp3 player, but thanks to my Mrs who's been listening to them ever time while we travel by car I can't stand them anymore at the moment...
  • God you lot are crap! Neither cool nor embarrassing enough to be worthy of mention. For me I have two notable guilty pleasures in music: I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing by Aerosmith - a cheese factor of 11 - and Beautiful by Christina Aguilera - last dancetastic!

Not even remotely a guilty secret, but a blast from the past: heard Mmm mmm mmm mmm by Crash Test Dummies on Absolute Radio this afternoon for the first time in years - f*cking spine tinglingly beautiful. Indulge and rejoice in the loveliness here
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    edited September 2011
    I can out cheese your Aerosmith JT. I absolutely love the song Eloise by The Damned.

Timbuk 3 : The Future's so bright I gotta wear shades
    Malcolm Mclaren: Theres something jumpin' in your shirt.
    Jilted John - Jilted John
    Gloria Gaynor- I will Survive
    Engelbert Humperdink - Release Me
  • Levi_501
    Levi_501 Posts: 1,105
    Bruce is a God 8)
  • Did a quick search for Greg T's original (and best ever) thread but it must be pre forum meltdown and unsearchable.

What, this one?

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopi ... sc&start=0

How did you find it?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • My last guilty ear worm was Lady Gaga's Edge of Glory. I don't need an iPod, my head plays crap music at me whether I want it too or not, I.

The shame of having that Hobbit Band's song going round my head has made me change the lyrics to you don't know how bad you smell.

If I hear Don't Stop Believing I might get subjected to the Glee version (which is the best so far) if I allow my mind to wander.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • kurako
    kurako Posts: 1,098
    Early Sugababes. I saw them live at Shepherds Bush Empire. When Heidi Range came out in a ripped up Nevermind shirt... oh lordy! I need to go lie down...
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,937
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Rich158 wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Rich158 wrote:

first you moon/goatse me, then say I look like clarkson. Dude, you're on some thin ice.

The crowd was really varied in all honesty I was quite surprised

I'm sure Top Gear would see a great improvement with CP at the helm. He'd certainly keep May and Hammond in line.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • nickel
    nickel Posts: 476
    medoramas wrote:
    Well, I'm one of those weirdos who prefers post-Max Sepultura ;-) Honestly thinking I reckon Kairos is very, very good record. It's quite raw in sound, not over-produced unlike many new heavy albums. Give it a go, it's worth it!

And there is nothing wrong with Adele! I'd put her albums on my mp3 player, but thanks to my Mrs who's been listening to them ever time while we travel by car I can't stand them anymore at the moment...

Ha yer know what you mean, even the best albums can become irksome if overplayed! Ok cheers I'll give Kairos a listen on youtube. And prefer post-Max Sepultura? Are you mad?! :wink: