Aldi = Cool!!

rolf_f
rolf_f Posts: 16,015
edited September 2011 in Commuting chat
So there I was, on my way into work. I pass a small group of schoolboys just as I pull up to some lights. I hear one of them say "Look! He's got leather shoes that clip!" in a slightly awestruck voice!

Yes, I was pathetically gratified that an 11 year old was impressed at my £19.99 plastic road shoes from Aldi; you know - the black and silver plastic ones that look like football boots with velcro fastenings!

I was astute enough to keep my eyes on the lights and concentrate on my effortless clip in and out of the saddle power start. I know it was my Aldi shoes that were cool; not me. My ignored carbon Centaur Ribble had more to be upset about :lol:
Faster than a tent.......

Comments

• Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    :lol::lol: A good start to the morning.
  • Rolf F wrote:
    My ignored carbon Centaur Ribble had more to be upset about :lol:

Sounds like you need a tartier N+1 to keep up with your shoes.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Shame you weren't on a Brompton
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    What difference a day makes - today I heard "...push you off your bike". Came from a lad on a BMX and he might have been talking to his two mates as they cycled erratically along the pavement but bicycle related cruelty nonetheless :lol:

I'm always grateful when passing schools that I don't ride a Brompton. However uncool I might be, I tend to think that any child with a bit of soul must appreciate a flashy racer. A Brompton is something that appeals to a more refined mind than the average 12 year old has!
    Faster than a tent.......