Fork service?????

bilalakram123
bilalakram123 Posts: 35
edited September 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi all,
well as the above says i think i may have to service my fork. I have a rockshox tora 302 coil u turn and i think its 2008 model. Basically i tried to get the coil out to see if there was a problem. I took the fork off my bike and then got the u turn assembly off and the ball bearings and sring. then i tried to pull the spring out but it wouldnt budge. so then i thought i might have to unscrew the screw at the bottom of my fork to get the lower and upper to separate. when i turned the fork upside some fork fluid i think began to come out of the coil section!!! I dont think this is meant to hapen so i put the fork back together and decided to get some advice before i try to take the coil out again. Is the coil meant to come out wothout undoing the bolt at the bottom? I tried to pull it and wiggle it around but it wasnt moving. alsoi noticed the coil smel REALLY BAD, i mean really, really bad. smelt toxic or something. I would appreciate any advice, as i would prefer to do it myself than spend like £100 sending it off to get serviced.
Thanks

Comments

• S-M
    S-M Posts: 174
    Can you not download the service instructions ?

I have just rebuilt a Psylo fork and it was a doddle to be honest.
    1999 Specialized FSR Elite MAX Backbone.
    1998 Specialized FSR Ground Control - stripped for parts.
    2011 Boardman Pro HT - SOLD! (low quality, expensive garbage)
  • Download the service manual here

http://www.sram.com/_media/pdf/rockshox ... MY08_E.pdf

They all look pretty straight forward to service.
  • thanks for the advice.
    Ive managed to sort out the problem,
    Took out the spring, cleaned it and the upper of the fork and then regreased and put it back in. works fine and no more noise :D
    I am going to have to service the lowers though, as the oil leaked out when i initially tried to take the coil out.