World Time Trail - spoilers

Greg T
Greg T Posts: 3,266
edited September 2011 in Commuting chat
Britain's Bradley Wiggins took silver but German rival Tony Martin proved a class above the field to lift his first time trial world title in Copenhagen.

Pre-race favourite Martin lived up to his billing, covering the 46.3km course in 53 minutes 43.85 seconds.

jaysus - That's knocking on embankment speed

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cycling/15004368.stm
Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?

Comments

• jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Pah! I don't see them on the strava leaderboard.

Seriously quick that. Der Panzerwaggon mullered the field. Great result for Wiggins
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    What happened to Spartacus???? The smooth running Swiss machine was looking decidedly ragged
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • tony martin... that supremely german sounding name :D
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,377
    Rich158 wrote:
    What happened to Spartacus???? The smooth running Swiss machine was looking decidedly ragged

Slipped on a corner according to the report.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    rjsterry wrote:
    Rich158 wrote:

Slipped on a corner according to the report.

Went off too hard trying to match Martin and cracked towards the end (previously known as "doing a Wiggins") - think that probably contributed to the corner foul up towards the end. He may have held on for silver but for that, guess we'll never know.
  • Had it on in the background at work. Managed to miss the bloke that nearly fell off the start (and the slow motion repeat) and missed seeing cancellera slide into the fence.
    Bradley had a storming last section whereas cancellera was fading so I don't think the slide was critical.
    Wish it had been on a channel I could have recorded rather than the red button.