2008 Condor Tempo by the look of it
Rose Xeon CW Disc
CAAD12 Disc
Condor Tempo

Comments

• jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    edited September 2011
    I guess it's only worth whatever someone's willing to pay for it. Having kept an eye on Condor Frames on EBay in the past, they tend to go for around the £250 - £300 mark depending on condition. What was the reserve/starting price?
  • who is that in your picture?
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Haha, I had forgotten about my avatar (the pic is blocked at work). Was a waitress that ITB has a crush at the foot of an Alps climb with Greg66 and IlPrinciple (I think).
    Added it last week, can't remember why.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Just had a look at the seller's excuse for re-listing . Sounds like BS to me and that he's not the kind of person I'd want to deal with. I hope the previous winning bidder is kicking up a fuss.

You get good quality full build Pistas going for around £400 on EBay.
  • Just had a look at the seller's excuse for re-listing . Sounds like BS to me and that he's not the kind of person I'd want to deal with. I hope the previous winning bidder is kicking up a fuss.

+1

He removed the buy it now price when it got a few hits and he thought he could get more for it, then probably refused to sell it to the winning bidder. Pictures are crap and blurry, but the frame looks chipped and the chainset is well worn.

This looks better value

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Condor-Pista- ... 1e670d273f

Would need to replace red bar tape though ;-)
  • dhope
    Just had a look at the seller's excuse for re-listing . Sounds like BS to me and that he's not the kind of person I'd want to deal with. I hope the previous winning bidder is kicking up a fuss.

+1

He removed the buy it now price when it got a few hits and he thought he could get more for it, then probably refused to sell it to the winning bidder. Pictures are crap and blurry, but the frame looks chipped and the chainset is well worn.

This looks better value

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Condor-Pista- ... 1e670d273f

Would need to replace red bar tape though ;-)

Replace the bar tape and shorten my legs, 52cm is too certainly too small.

Always wary of buying from someone that's only semi literate, as appears from the few emails. Just the snob in me I know.
    He's said the previous winner wasn't London based, hence the relisting. Pictures are blurry. Gut feeling is it doesn't sound entirely kosher... maybe one to pass on :(
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • haven't you got enough fixies?
  • dhope
    haven't you got enough fixies?

I've only got 1 :D
    (the Steel one in the sig is a 5 speed Sturmey hub with track ends)
    Any incoming Condor would prompt the Langster being sold
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • There are loads of Condor fixies in the sale at the moment in store - downstairs.

I was in there today. Just looking (with some touching).
  • There are loads of Condor fixies in the sale at the moment in store - downstairs.

A sale you say? Tell me more. Any Acciaio frames?

Back to EBay dude: he now claims he's re-listing as EBay had a lag at the end of auction and lots of potential bidders failed to get in and have subsequently begged him to relist. Highly immoral IMHO.
  • dhope
    There are loads of Condor fixies in the sale at the moment in store - downstairs.

A sale you say? Tell me more. Any Acciaio frames?

Back to EBay dude: he now claims he's re-listing as EBay had a lag at the end of auction and lots of potential bidders failed to get in and have subsequently begged him to relist. Highly immoral IMHO.

That's part true - I emailed him and said that I'd put a bid in at the death but had a laggy connection and it didn't go through in time and if the original buyer fell through then to give me a shout. So 1 bidder missed out, though I didn't say it was eBay that messed up and didn't ask him to relist.

And a sale? How much are things going for... Pista or Tempo frames or complete bikes?
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • I just reckon it's greed on his part. I've sold stuff for less than I hoped for on EBay and it's gutting. In the case of one particularly lovely bike I was trying to think up ways of trying to get out of the sale, but in the end I realised that was not fair and the winning bidder got a bargain. Equally I have sold things on EBay for more than I expected. You win some, you lose some, it's all part of the game. It just looks like that guy wants to be able to have his cake and eat it.