Sports Psychology Books?

seanoconn
seanoconn Posts: 11,629
edited September 2011 in The bottom bracket
Any recommendations?

I participate in a number of sports, a couple of which to a decent standard. But on occasions my brain lets me down, negative thoughts creep in and have problems with consistency. I realise there's no magic cure but a book that hits the nail on the head might result in a small percentage improvement, which makes the difference between winning and losing.

I've had a look but don't know where to start. Alot of books seem to be for psychology students and i think i'd get lost with anything too technical! :)

Thanks.
Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי

Comments

• finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Sorry, there's nothing you can do. You're just one of life's born losers.
  • seanoconn
    johnfinch wrote:

No sour grapes John, i seem to remember beating you by quite a margin! Do you always play like that or were you having an off day?
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    seanoconn wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:

No sour grapes John, i seem to remember beating you by quite a margin! Do you always play like that or were you having an off day?

You don't seem to be suffering from a lack of self-belief or talent.
  • finchy
    seanoconn wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:

Not me, probably another John Finch, if you could beat him, then in all likelihood a wheezing asthmatic with a broken ankle. You make me sick just looking at you, you pus-filled boil on the rear end of humanity.
  • finchy
    And now you've read the last message, I imagine that anger and rage is building up inside of you. Hold onto it! Keep the feeling! Let it drive you on.

That'll be £30 please.
  • seanoconn
    Cheques in the post.

I've followed your advice and it seems to be working, the rage thing is great, i've murdered three people already. First one was a bit tricky but gets easier.

Cheers finchy.