Cyclist/Ped down at Vauxhall Cross

Sewinman
Sewinman Posts: 2,131
edited September 2011 in Commuting chat
At the junction by the bridge, but the right hand lane heading towards Waterloo. Not sure if it was a cyclist or a ped, but looked pretty bad. I could not see a damaged bike. No obvious vehicle, but there was a lorry parked up about 400 yards further up the road with a police car behind it. Fingers crossed.

Comments

• These threads sadden me and make my wife scared that I ride on a road.

Was a cyclist. Now being reported as a 'potential crime scene'.
    Talk of the person being dragged 200 yards.
    Doesn't look good. :cry:
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • lastant
    lastant Posts: 526
    Got the train in today and saw this as we rolled into Waterloo.

Was a courier apparently (from the LFGSS forum). Fingers crossed for a full recovery.
    One Man and LEJOG : End-to-End on Two Wheels in Two Weeks (Buy the book; or Kindle it!)
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    The junction is not the usual type where you hear of accidents with lorries. They can only go straight on. Still it is very busy, with a lot of lane changing and racing to get through light sequences.
  • Koncordski
    Koncordski Posts: 1,009
    Used to drive through it everyday, 100% geared for cars. Usual dangerous token cycle lanes that end suddenly, bus depot in the middle and two dark railway arches to negotiate. I would never cycle through it in rush hour and i consider myself to be one of the safer cyclists (hang back behind buses and lorries etc.). I hope they are eventually ok, saw all the blue lights from the train this morning.

http://www.lfgss.com/thread72681.html

#1 Brompton S2L Raw Lacquer, Leather Mudflaps
    #2 Boeris Italia race steel
    #3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
    #5 Peugeot Grand Tourer (Tandem)
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    lastant wrote:
    Got the train in today and saw this as we rolled into Waterloo.

Was a courier apparently (from the LFGSS forum). Fingers crossed for a full recovery.

Sounds bad from that thread. Really hope the guy pulls through.
    FCN 2 to 8
  • Koncordski wrote:
    Used to drive through it everyday, 100% geared for cars. Usual dangerous token cycle lanes that end suddenly, bus depot in the middle and two dark railway arches to negotiate. I would never cycle through it in rush hour and i consider myself to be one of the safer cyclists (hang back behind buses and lorries etc.). I hope they are eventually ok, saw all the blue lights from the train this morning.

http://www.lfgss.com/thread72681.html

Hope the rider is ok.

I cycle round Vauxhall every day. Never had any problems really, now Wandsworth roundabout is a different matter.