Have I missed the Aldi winter cycling offers??

rodgers73
rodgers73 Posts: 2,626
edited September 2011 in Commuting chat
I know they're due sometime around now, but have no idea when they're out.

Have I missed them??

Thanks

Comments

• joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    If you have, then try Cycle Surgery. Some top deals there ATM.
  • No sign yet...
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • rodgers73
    Thank god :D
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    29th of this month, it's on the front page of the BR site now
  • Yep its the 29th right after pay day! I am planning to do some shopping after reading the reviews on the winter gear on sale. Looking forward to it.
    Ride Safe! Keep Safe!
    Specialized Roubaix Comp 2017
    Cube Agree Pro 2014
    Triban 7 2013
    RockRider 8.0 2011
    http://www.whitestar1.co.uk
  • Pssst! Mate, wanna buy some cycle gear?

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/of ... z_src=main

Look similar to last year, I can highly recommend the non-merino cycling shirts, the soft-shell jacket is superb and the towels are pretty good too (they squeeze down really small, so you can even take them home to wash occasionally).
  • rodgers73
    Yep, towels, long sleeves tops and winter trousers are on my list.

Great for the commute!
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    I was going to get the merino tops but they are only 30% merino. Might still make the journey for the jacket and arm/legwarmers/socks.
  • Cafewanda wrote:
    I was going to get the merino tops but they are only 30% merino. Might still make the journey for the jacket and arm/legwarmers/socks.

The merino tops were a bit itchy last year. Hopefully better this year, but I won't be buying another if not. Jacket is superb.
  • Pssst! Mate, wanna buy some cycle gear?

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/of ... z_src=main

Look similar to last year, I can highly recommend the non-merino cycling shirts, the soft-shell jacket is superb and the towels are pretty good too (they squeeze down really small, so you can even take them home to wash occasionally).

+1 to the softshells, highly recommended, quality and comfort way beyond their pricepoint
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Sweet!
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • By softshell jacket, is everyone referring to the £15.99 "winter cycling jacket"
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Yes....

All I need in winter is the softshell, a base T and the long fingered gloves over some 3/4 length baggies, works OK for me to circa -7C

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • rodgers73
    Sirrus_Lee wrote:
    By softshell jacket, is everyone referring to the £15.99 "winter cycling jacket"

Yes, they are genuinely brilliant!
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    I wouldn't bother with the LS jerseys, they are a terrible fit, the socks are ok and I might go for another pair of the shoes
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • rodgers73
    I like the LS jerseys - bought two last year and I've used them loads for commutes and sportives when the weather hasnt been that cold or that hot. Perfect as you can fit a base layer under them easily too.
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    Nice one! I'll pop and get a winter jacket/softshell on the 29th.

Roughly how long do they stay in stock for?
  • rodgers73
    Not long.

Unless you go to a branch in an area full of lazy fat b*stards (none in my local after a couple of days, but the Barnsley branch was still fully loaded!)
  • Cliveyp
    Cliveyp Posts: 173
    What's the waterproof jacket like? The dayglo one that is....
    2015 Ridley Fenix 105
    2012 Cube Ltd SL
    2011 Trek 1.2 - Sold
    2001 Giant Boulder - Sold
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    I still have the winter/windproof shell from about 3 years ago, still going strong but nowhere near cold enough yet.

I am just going to go for the compression top and tights, dont need anything else