n-1 = n+1

t4tomo
t4tomo Posts: 2,643
edited September 2011 in Commuting chat
My station hack has been stolen. Its a trusty old Saracen MTB that I use if I have to leave a bike locked up at station all day or for popping into town on.

Oldest daughter has grown and the seat post on her 24" bike is at its limit. She cast her eye over Mrs T's ancient (15 yrs old) rigid MTB but wasn't impressed and then turned to the other side of the garage to look at my fleet.

"I reckon I can fit on that if you put the seat down" and that was that. Her old bike was a bit of a kids BSO so she's well impressed with decent gear shifters and well indexed gears. Whilst I've formally agreed a bike share (I'm allowed to borrow it back on a weekday if I need it) I fear I've lost it for good.

On the brightside, technically its not my bike anymore so that surely allows me to invest a road bike for my fleet doesn't it?
Bianchi Infinito CV
Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
Brompton S Type
Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
Gary Fisher Aquila '98
Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem

Comments

• Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    I might be reading the above wrong, but it appears it should be N-1 = N+2: replacement bikes for each of you, surely? :)
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    edited September 2011
    t4tomo wrote:
    My station hack has been stolen. Its a trusty old Saracen MTB that I use if I have to leave a bike locked up at station all day or for pooping into town on.
    Cafewanda wrote:
    I might be reading the above wrong, but it appears it should be N-1 = N+2: replacement bikes for each of you, surely? :)

also using a bike to poop seems like something the OP should keep to themselves

hehehehe poop
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    :lol::lol:

Well spotted.
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    Cafewanda wrote:
    :lol::lol:

Well spotted.

:oops: poop where ? - you should have quoted it before I chance to makea sneaky edit.

Not proposing to replace anything for the daughter, she's got the Saracen!
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    sneaky subedit your edit...
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    Trickle-down cycle use within the family is a guilt-free route to N+1.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    I'm building up another MTB as my eldest has outgrown his bike. The deal is we share the 2 MTBs. 1 will have knobblys and bouncy forks, the other will be a bit more road friendly (me to ride to the pub). At least Iuntil I find some cheap bouncy forks.