mudguards for my hybrid?

Lord Jimmy 7th
Lord Jimmy 7th Posts: 379
edited September 2011 in Commuting general
Hi, i am going to be using my hybrid that i bought in summer for my training bike this winter, its a carerra gryphon v-spec, and was just wondering about mudgaurds for it? looking at the sks chromoplastic as there is a hybrid option? anyone reccomend these or any others?

Cheers for any help.

Comments

• The chromoplastics are very good - I'd thoroughly recommend them
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • How much better are full mudguards than crud catchers? I'm going to be commuting on a hybrid over the winter. I prefer the look of crudcatchers, but if full guards will do a significantly better job then I'll go for them.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Get full length front mudgaurdsds for commuting, I had crud catchers on my Gryphon for the first winter and then full length for last winter, my legs stay MUCH dryer and cleaner now, the crud catcher was fine for keeping my torso clean and dry, but your face gets mucky as well due to the 'flung forward' stuff coming back as well!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Get full length front mudgaurdsds for commuting, I had crud catchers on my Gryphon for the first winter and then full length for last winter, my legs stay MUCH dryer and cleaner now, the crud catcher was fine for keeping my torso clean and dry, but your face gets mucky as well due to the 'flung forward' stuff coming back as well!

Simon

+1 crud catchers are good, but you still get a bit messed up which if your commuting and have the option of a full set of mudguards your going to be better protected.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.