Crappy week that turned out ok!!

AndyD2574
AndyD2574 Posts: 1,034
edited September 2011 in The bottom bracket
How things can change in a week.........last week sat down with my boss and he said that things needed to pick up ( I am Business Manager )........this week said was going to either cut my sapary by 25% to reduce company costs or performance manage me.......so..........I resigned!!

So......oot a job!.........but negotiated 8 weks pay!! :D

Funny how things turn out as today got 2 potential opportunities!!

Just shows you when 1 door closes.......loads of others open up!! :D
Specialized S Works Venge
Argon18 E114
Specialized Langster Single Speed
Scott Spark Expert 29'er
GT Avalanche
http://www.glasgowgreencycleclub.co.uk

Comments

• It was when I heard the door close (and lock) behind me that I realised it was the only door :shock: :(
  • pedylan
    pedylan Posts: 768
    Today was my last day after 12 years in my job. Exploit your contacts, I did it and it opened up what I hope will be a motivating change of direction.

Good luck.
    Where the neon madmen climb
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    AndyD2574 wrote:
    ........this week said was going to either cut my sapary by 25% to reduce company costs or performance manage me.......so..........I resigned!!

Sounds like you were being forced out anyway. Often better to leave with the clean record and keep your reference rather than a dishonourable discharge. My company generally give you a chance to resign after making it obvious you're getting the boot so you can stay clean.

I will add however, brave move quitting in this climate.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • Mouth wrote:
    AndyD2574 wrote:
    ........this week said was going to either cut my sapary by 25% to reduce company costs or performance manage me.......so..........I resigned!!

Sounds like you were being forced out anyway. Often better to leave with the clean record and keep your reference rather than a dishonourable discharge. My company generally give you a chance to resign after making it obvious you're getting the boot so you can stay clean.

Sounds like a risky policy, they save themselves some redundancy and notice pay but give the employee a good case for a constructive dismissal claim.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)