feeling greedy-

fazersmart
fazersmart Posts: 48
edited September 2011 in Road buying advice
Ive just bought a Focus Cayo ultegra last month. Can't complain, its a nice bike and rides well

BUT....

I just happen to have popped into my LBS and saw a Cervelo S2 with Mavic krysium SL wheels and Dura Ace groupset for £2300 in my size!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Its last years team bike from last year being sold off. I reckon I could even get more off it.

I don't need it but blimy!!!! Theyres an :twisted: to me. Why can't i be happy with what Ive got? even the Canyon sale has got me interested!!!

HELP
Anyone else suffer similar problems? Ive been cycling for last year.

Comments

• if you can afford BUY IT (if you can't, sell something) 8)
    I like shiny bikes - especially Italian ones.....!!
  • BUY IT!!
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • brabus
    brabus Posts: 138
    DO IT!!! :D

Thats how i ended up with my new felt AR3 which I dont need and cant afford! :roll:

...but you only live this life once!! :lol:
  • What size is it? And which bike shop?

:wink:
  • brabus
    oh come to think of it thats a really nice bike.....i might go for it if its the right size and stick the unused felt on ebay!

........which shop is it? :wink:
  • Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    No reply - he must be at the shop now buying it!!
  • brabus
    he he he!

there is nothing like someone else picking up what you have just put back to make you want it all the more!! :lol:
  • Ha ha, the one I'm interested in is still being used in races & won't be available until October.
    :lol:
    Those of you willing to try your luck for a larger model, they're at Phil Corley cycles in Milton Keynes.

So I'm ok to be obsessed & get it? I mean how often do these deals come about? :twisted:
  • 16mm
    16mm Posts: 545
    fazersmart wrote:
    So I'm ok to be obsessed & get it? I mean how often do these deals come about? :twisted:

They come about this time of year, every year.
    Every team gets rid of the the team bikes at a price that reflects the use. Even British Cycling has a 2nd hand bikes page on the website.
  • APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    I was in there today, but managed to resist temptation. They had ex team Mavic Ultimates with tubs and cassette for £999. I had a good look and they seemed perfect. Not sure I could explain another set of wheels though...