Fulcrum Metal 3 freebody bearing

sheepshifter
sheepshifter Posts: 115
edited September 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi slightly mythed my lbs supplier of bearings has never heard of the size of the bearing in the freebody.After 2 months use outer bearing buggered,cant get one even fulcrum , importer said none avail till new year.Do i have a warrenty issue with the store i bought the bike from even so no bearing would be available or no freebodies are in the Uk.Help i am a retailer and aware of the sales of goods act fit for purpose and all that,what do you think ,are you aware of any issues with Fulcrum.
PACE RC325.5 1x9

GENESIS io SS

Comments

• DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    i had the same problem

they use a non standard size for their bearings, so you wont be able to get from anyone except a dealer. I ended up buying a whole new freehub.

I presume you have been speaking to i-ride ? maybe try some of their European distributors ? they were pretty helpful with me when i was enquiring about adapting my 9mm hub to 15mm QR

I ended up selling mine. Italian stuff is great until it goes wrong. Then its not :evil:
  • 77ric
    77ric Posts: 601
    what about a dedicated bearing supplier as opposed to an lbs or bike distributor?
    Fancy a brew?
  • Yes my lbs contacted i-ride told them of the problem and they never even returned the call,dont bode well for any future problems . Perhaps they dont give a sh... but why import a brand that cant give back up and customer satisfaction.Thanks for your reply any other ideas appreciated.
    PACE RC325.5 1x9

GENESIS io SS
  • Mate of mine had the same problem with Red Metal 5's, LBS (City Cycles Chichester) bought back the wheels as a goodwill gesture against a different purchase.

I have red metal 3's and changed the rear wheel bearings without issue using standard bearings, they were different size to that in the exploded diagram .PDF. Havn't tried the freehub.

Good luck.

BTW I wouldn't buy them again, the rim appears very soft!

-
    Trek Stache 8 29er
    Orange Five Pro 2011
    Rock Lobster Team Ti (Custom) 2010
    Whyte Stirling - Hybrid
    Southdowns MTB Club http://www.southdownsmtb.co.uk/
  • DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    Yes my lbs contacted i-ride told them of the problem and they never even returned the call,dont bode well for any future problems . Perhaps they dont give a sh... but why import a brand that cant give back up and customer satisfaction.Thanks for your reply any other ideas appreciated.

try contacting them direct. I found them to be quite helpful.

i spoke to Tracey, who was very helpful. You can also order direct from them.

http://www.i-ride.co.uk/fulcrum/mtb_spa ... index.html

i tried several bearing suppliers, none of who could provide bearings that matched the dimensions needed