NW ride today... Where shall I go?

alan_a
alan_a Posts: 1,581
thanks to work I have woken up in Liverpool this morning. I have my bike, I have a van. Where shall I go for a ride?

Ideally somewhere with some hills where the start is within an hour or so drive of Albert Dock.

I'm off to get breakfast, all ides welcome.

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• well a bit late.....but nowhere in town has hills.

I saw the flyer for the show you're mc'ing and didnt figure it was you cos there was no mention of bikes or whisky

I might pop down tomoz if i can get a few peeps to go. ggod hools in rainford which isnt far only about 15 mins on the train too

goo dl luck withthe gig.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,581
    I ended up doing loops of the wee steep hill at Parbold. Thanks to the American roadie I stopped on the Road near Ormskirk for ideas.

Cleat if you would like a couple of freebies for tonight feel free to email me alan@hahacomedy.co.uk and I'll stick your details on the door.
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Obvious route would have been towards Preston, then ride over to Longridge, Tatham Fell, Trough of Bowland, Lancaster, Kirkby Lonsdale areas
    M.Rushton
  • Alan A wrote:
    I ended up doing loops of the wee steep hill at Parbold. Thanks to the American roadie I stopped on the Road near Ormskirk for ideas.

Cleat if you would like a couple of freebies for tonight feel free to email me alan@hahacomedy.co.uk and I'll stick your details on the door.

Bugger, only just seen this. Three of us made it there anyway.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.