Christmas Aisle At Tesco.......Today

CycleOfViolence
CycleOfViolence Posts: 57
edited September 2011 in Commuting chat
At my local store, there should be a law against it, it does not make me happy.

Comments

• F*ck.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    I work for one of the largest eCommerce companies we've been planning for Christmas for quite some time now.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Simple. Don't give your hard earned to tossers like Tesco. Shop somewhere else.
  • MARKF
    MARKF Posts: 29
    I drive an artic for one of the supermarkets,we start delivering christmas gear straight after August bankholiday,already delivered selection boxes/advent calendars,had christmas cakes on todays load.Like most people in retail distribution I dread autumn & it just gets worse & worse until the first week in January :(
    We do'nt even get any holidays from early Dec until after New Year,just got to deliver all manner of tat for the shoppers..Bah!
  • itboffin wrote:
    I work for one of the largest eCommerce companies we've been planning for Christmas for quite some time now.

Where I used to work, as soon as Easter was over that was it, all focus on Crimbo. Nightmare.

ETA: In local Spar they have all the advents and associated crap out already.
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • itboffin wrote:

All your fault then - simples :wink:
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    well, if people didn't buy the stuff......
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • Personally I love it :D Started Christmas shopping for myself yesterday, mind you prob won't sort the Mrs out till the eve of xmas eve.
  • Personally I love it :D Started Christmas shopping for myself yesterday, mind you prob won't sort the Mrs out till the eve of xmas eve.

Shopping and *that* are two very separate occupations for a man, for a woman less so...
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    it was on the aisles last week here, thing is i love mince pies but the ones on the shelves all had the use before date November!?
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • davmaggs
    davmaggs Posts: 1,008
    I would make it illegal to display any Christmas goods until 6 weeks before the event. Harsh fines, perhaps even prison for offenders.

The same with Easter, Father's day etc
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    To be honest, you don't have to take any notice of it.

I work for a number of retail clients and we always start Christmas on 1st November. I think that's fine.
  • I live near a bakery that supplies M&S with christmas cakes. You can smell them being made all through June and July.

on the upside, I had a creme egg yesterday, roll on easter. :D
  • I think I need to clarify my one word expletive which may be construed by some to be an unthinking knee-jerk semi-literate vomit of comment

It was intended to display my despair, disgust and disillusionment at the ridiculous Christmas-for-money attitude now prevalent.

I would personally ban all Christmas related activities until December 1st. I'd PREFER to ban it until Winter starts, as it is after all a celebration of Winter Solstice.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • When I was a student I used to work at a major hotel serving food and they used to start hosting office Christmas functions from about now. I remember that the 1st of them were starting to happen just as I was heading off for the new uni term. They used to carry on well into January too. At peak time in December it was a real get 'em in, get 'em drunk get 'em out situation, offices literally came in in 2 hour slots and then were hurried on out... Nothing like the personal touch!
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    The problem is christmas inflation.

Everyone's bored to tears by everything christmas related come the 2nd weekend of December.

All the hype makes it so much more stressful (potentially) too, with every media outlet shoving their perfect christmas, the expected christmas, down every orifice.

Keep christmas low key, make an effort, and it's great.

OMG IT XMAS, WANT SO MNY PREZZYS LULZ, STRTED ALREDS, NT EVEN DEC YET, LOL, ME CRAZY. isn't going to make a good one.
  • rick_chasey
    When I was a student I used to work at a major hotel serving food and they used to start hosting office Christmas functions from about now. I remember that the 1st of them were starting to happen just as I was heading off for the new uni term. They used to carry on well into January too. At peak time in December it was a real get 'em in, get 'em drunk get 'em out situation, offices literally came in in 2 hour slots and then were hurried on out... Nothing like the personal touch!

Anything for a fee - good grounding for your work now by the sounds of it! :P
  • When I was a student I used to work at a major hotel serving food and they used to start hosting office Christmas functions from about now. I remember that the 1st of them were starting to happen just as I was heading off for the new uni term. They used to carry on well into January too. At peak time in December it was a real get 'em in, get 'em drunk get 'em out situation, offices literally came in in 2 hour slots and then were hurried on out... Nothing like the personal touch!

Exactly, I'll do anything for money.... Kerching $$$$
  • rick_chasey
    When I was a student I used to work at a major hotel serving food and they used to start hosting office Christmas functions from about now. I remember that the 1st of them were starting to happen just as I was heading off for the new uni term. They used to carry on well into January too. At peak time in December it was a real get 'em in, get 'em drunk get 'em out situation, offices literally came in in 2 hour slots and then were hurried on out... Nothing like the personal touch!

My arse is often served up as a deal sweetner.

Anything for a fee.
  • Just wait till Xmas Eve and go down to your local garage/filling station :lol:

My ars* is often served up as a deal sweetner.

Anything for a fee.

Really? Interesting.... :wink:
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788

My ars* is often served up as a deal sweetner.

Anything for a fee.

Dear God no. I was drinking my tea when I read this!

Mind bleach, quick!! :shock: :shock:

You owe me a new laptop :wink:
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Headhuunter, you predatory old fruit!
  • The local co-op has xmas things now. On the upside I did pick up a tube of Cadbury's mini animals for £1.
  • notsoblue wrote:

Less of the "old"....
  • rick_chasey
    Quite.

I guess I didn't have the same thing in mind as Headhunter did when I signed up for the 'ride around London'....
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    notsoblue wrote:

Less of the "old"....

Hah! Confirmed...
  • Quite.

I guess I didn't have the same thing in mind as Headhunter did when I signed up for the 'ride around London'....

Sorry, don't worry I'm not like that in person, I guess I just have a "Carry On" sense of humour... If you write something like "My ars* is often served up as a deal sweetner." I just can't help myself... It's like a red rag to a bull...
  • My mother started talking about Christmas plans before Easter so she definitely could teach retailers a thing or two.
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,189
    Christmas, .......already, blimey, it's still the cricket season......
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."