Frankie Boyle @ ToB

Courage Monsieur
Courage Monsieur Posts: 534
edited September 2011 in Pro race
Top Tip: Improve your enjoyment of the ITV4 ToB coverage by imagining that the Scottish commentator is Frankie Boyle.

My girlfriend pointed out the similarity in their voices last night and I was in stitches thereafter. They're incredibly alike. Kept expecting commentary about Hushovd / Sky / etc to be followed with the punchline to some offensive joke.

Further Top Tip: imagine Kiwi cyclist Jack Bauer is Jack Bauer of 24 fame. Saving the Free World and contesting the sprints. He must be knackered.

Yes we're easily amused and had been drinking... :roll:

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,201
    The commentator is Brian Smith, occassional BR forumite and ex Motorola pro but now you mention it the voices are quite similar
  • They are both from Glasgow, well Brian is from Paisley. Vaguely similar. it seems you don't know many people from the West of Scotland then.
    I'm sure all you Southerners sound the same to me :lol:
  • Pross wrote:
    The commentator is Brian Smith, occassional BR forumite and ex Motorola pro but now you mention it the voices are quite similar

Not P_Tucker is he?
  • I sound a bit Geordie mesel' :lol:

Yeah, I didn't really believe her at first but the Boyleness grew on me. Quite a nasal voice. The pints probably helped.
  • mcj78
    mcj78 Posts: 634
    I caught some of the highlights earlier in the week & thought the exact same thing! And i'm originally from Glasgow, stay in Paisley, easily amused & had also been drinking at the time :lol:
    J
    Moda Issimo
    Genesis Volare 853
    Charge Filter Apex
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    Pross wrote:

Not P_Tucker is he?

Its something like BriSmithy or briansmith, or something really obvious like that. Unless you are referring to some sort of in-joke with which i'm not acquainted
  • MrTapir wrote:
    Pross wrote:

Not P_Tucker is he?

Its something like BriSmithy or briansmith, or something really obvious like that. Unless you are referring to some sort of in-joke with which i'm not acquainted

A bit of both, but was genuinely interested in Brian Smiths username, so thanks...gets me thinking, wonder how many pro's/ex-pro's/people-in-the-know we have registered on here, or how many just visit and lurk!
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,460
    Brian posts under the username BrianS.

He doesn't sound remotely like Frankie Boyle though.
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    They are both from Glasgow, well Brian is from Paisley. Vaguely similar. it seems you don't know many people from the West of Scotland then.
    I'm sure all you Southerners sound the same to me :lol:

Reminds me of the time i was over at the tour a few years back and Mr bright spark asked me if i was scottish ! this is after speaking to him for 4 days in a row as he sat across from me on those Graham Baxter sporting tours ....Doh :roll: You sound like him on Taggart ???? Him that kinda narrowed it down a bit. I told him i carried a knife but i didnt think he got the sarcasm. :D
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,941
    MrTapir wrote:
    Pross wrote:

Not P_Tucker is he?

A bit of both, but was genuinely interested in Brian Smiths username, so thanks...gets me thinking, wonder how many pro's/ex-pro's/people-in-the-know we have registered on here, or how many just visit and lurk!

I'm spartacus
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,201
    MrTapir wrote:
    Pross wrote:

Not P_Tucker is he?

Plenty of posters are in the know, they always say so before posting some random exclusive that proves to be wrong (like the guy who told us all what Sky were going to pay Renshaw next season :lol: ).

Actual ex pros I'm aware of on here are gotthetshirt2, BrianS and Chris Boardman posted quite a bit about his bike range. Oh, and of course Cav posts as Corneymade in a bid to hide his identity lol
  • Is he (Brian Smith) a freelance commentator? Because he's normally found commentating on Eursport isn't he, I was surprised to hear him on ITV, though along with Hugh Porter it's vast improvement on Ligget and Sherwin.
  • Frankie Boyle is a odious man, on the other hand Brain Smith sounds like a decent human being.
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    edited September 2011
  • My wife said exactly the same thing
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    campagone wrote:
    Is he (Brian Smith) a freelance commentator? Because he's normally found commentating on Eursport isn't he, I was surprised to hear him on ITV, though along with Hugh Porter it's vast improvement on Ligget and Sherwin.

Part of Ant McCrossan's Cyclevox PR/media/commentary company. So I'd assume they work for anyone willing to pay. http://www.cyclevox.com/commentary/
  • BrianS
    BrianS Posts: 112
    hammerite wrote:
    campagone wrote:
    Is he (Brian Smith) a freelance commentator? Because he's normally found commentating on Eursport isn't he, I was surprised to hear him on ITV, though along with Hugh Porter it's vast improvement on Ligget and Sherwin.

Part of Ant McCrossan's Cyclevox PR/media/commentary company. So I'd assume they work for anyone willing to pay. http://www.cyclevox.com/commentary/

there's been a muuurder...

Not with Cyclevox. Site needs updated.