La Marmotte 2012

steadyuk
steadyuk Posts: 295
Looking to sign up for La Marmotte 2012 and just started doing some research on options of buying a package or doing all the travel, accommodation and entry bookings myself. Be grateful for any recommendations.

Comments

• Entering yourself is very easy - this year you had several days or maybe a week or so to enter before it filled up so as long as you know when entries open there is no panic so long as you act fairly sharpish. I don't speak French and it was very easy to do.

We stayed at the municipal campsite in Bourg - very nice I thought though they did insist we booked for a week because it gets busy. They do chalets but we camped - you get a well defined pitch so no scramble to find a spot. You can book it on line. They speak English and I was quite impressed with the place - right next to the town so easy walking distance to shops, restaurants etc and a short roll out to the start in the morning.

We drove down - sharing the driving not too bad wouldn't fancy doing it all myself but some did. Others flew into Geneva and hired a car from there.

The only thing if you do stay a week is that there isn't a lot of riding there which isn't moutainous as the valley roads were a bit too busy really enjoy a leisure ride on - which might mean you spend some of the week killing time if you don't want to tire your legs out before the event.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • The rumour is that Acte I of Etape 2012 is from Albertville on the 10th, so you could stay longer!
  • Full Merckx thanks for the link to your post. Lots of useful info. I shall keep an eye on how that develops.
  • Registrations now open....