Insurance

rockhopper71
rockhopper71 Posts: 8
edited September 2011 in MTB general
Hi all, I have bought a new Santa Cruz with a value of £4000 and it seems to insure it on my current home policy is £300 more! Can any of you recommend any companies for bike insurance that don't charge the earth to cover the beloved bike?
Thanks
TC

Comments

• Meatfox
    Meatfox Posts: 155
    hey, i just insured remedy 7 for £193 on eandl.com
  • timpop
    timpop Posts: 394
    Lucky you. EandL has a good policy that runs month to month so you can use it until your home insurance renewal and then look at switching to someone like M&S that will cover your bike up to £4000. That's what I did. Unless the M&S policy works out too much then you can just keep the EandL policy. The thing to watch out for with EandL is they will offer an upgrade that you may not really need so you just need to remember to refuse it if you don't want to take up the option. From my experience they were a hassle free company so I'd recommend.
    Many happy trails!
  • Meatfox
    Meatfox Posts: 155
    i know its not as expensive as yours, but im guessing that may be what youll have to pay for it.
    even though its only a bicycle....rediculous, but peace of mind its covered against damage and theft
    100% replacement for 3 years.
  • the cheapest for me was sainsburys and I also used quidco co get £80 cashback which worked out cheaper than my previous home policy with no bikes on it.

http://www.quidco.com/user/491172/ I tend to use quidco a lot for home insurance,car insurance and most other things.
    Focus Cayo Pro
    Cotic Soul custom
    Merida Cross 4
    Planet X Dirty Disco custom cyclocross
    Tern D8 clown bike