Command seatpost - how to stop the saddle from tilting..

DodgeT
DodgeT Posts: 2,255
edited September 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Just got myself an enduro with the command seatpost but i cannot seem to get the single rail clamp tight enough to stop the saddle tilting if i hit it hard going over jumps etc.
I'm worried that if i tighten it anymore, it'll snap something.
Anybody experienced the same thing and got any tips?
Ta.

Comments

• SPIRO
    SPIRO Posts: 200
    I also have a command post on a enduro. Probably the easiest thing to do is make sure the seat is down and out of the way if your likely to be doing jumps etc. TBH I have never had an issue with the seat tilting if i catch it accidently (15 stone, uncoordinated gorilla of a rider for reference).

Have you tried contacting specialized and have you torqued the clamp correctly?
  • DodgeT
    Hey spiro, I know what your saying, but I dont want it down out the way for flowing tracks with bumps / jumps etc.
    Not contacted them yet, I read a thread the other day with someone having the same issue, cant for the life of me find it though hence asking on here.
    I've tried it gentle tight, through to very tight and it still can move if you catch it hard.
    Cheers anyway.
    edit to say - Just stripped it down and rebuilt it as per the manual, there was no grease on the collars, so greased them, this seems to have made it a lot better - certainly just bouncing on the bike and up and down the road anyway.
  • Hi DogeT,

I run a Command Post on my Camber and had experienced exactly the same problem.
    Getting a little lazy and staying seated, landing on the tail of the saddle would pop the nose and landing on the nose would pop up the tail.

I think (and hope) I've sorted it now though using Carbon Prep Paste.
    I took the cups out that hold the rails in place and smothered them with the paste, slotted them back in and then torqued up the single bolt nice and tight.

Fingers crossed it hasn't moved since and I gave it a pretty good go at Cannock a few weeks back (cracking a few ribs in the process) :-)

Good luck giving it a go.

Ninja
  • DodgeT
    Thanks for that Ninja, if what I've done doesn't sort it, I'll be sure to give that a try. :)