Suffering an uncomfortable left 'nut' sometimes.

DF33
DF33 Posts: 732
Anyone else suffer this?

Sometimes I can ride 5 hours as normal. No probs at all.

Yet Sometimes when out on a ride my left testicle just will not 'sit' right.

We all have a slight discrepancy with how they hang etc, ie one slightly lower than the other maybe or whatever is normal for the individual.
Mine are certainly all in tolerance for want of a better expression, normal size, no other problems, everything works as it should.

Problem is sometimes when I ride (the bike Gazlar, the bike), my left nut becomes slightly, not totally, numb and uncomfortable.

It sometimes decides to pop inside if you know what I mean and I have to stand up for a second and help it to drop back or it is simply uncomfortable as they 'sit' normally on the saddle.
I have to shuffle on the saddle, try to re arrange the chammy, stand up for a while.
Sometimes it comes on then all is comfortable after maybe an hour. Sometimes it comes on and is with me for the remainder of the ride.

It doesn't feel like something is wrong with the old 2 veg, just more like sometimes the bike/saddle/chammy/me/ride etc somehow doesn't come together somehow, it won't sit properly and the discomfort starts.

As soon as off the bike all is fine immediately, no discomfort, if a little numbness then it disappears straight away, never any lasting effects.

It's always the left side only and has happened on and off for as long as I can remember.

Unicorn jokes at the ready!

Cheers
Peter.
Peter

Comments

• AndyOgy
    AndyOgy Posts: 579
    Have you tried, err, you know, clearing out the pipes before a long ride?

On a (slightly) more serious note, could be worth getting it checked out by your GP. I had a similar discomfort a few years back, it was at it's worst when driving. Anyway, it was something called a Hydrocele. Without treatment, lefty was soon swollen to the size of a tennis ball.

The operation to remove the swelling was not an experience that I'd ever want to repeat.
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    Always worth checking this out with your GP mate. May just be something within your setup (clothing, saddle, positioning etc) but only takes a few mins to book an appointment and put your mind at rest that there is no underlying issues..
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • Yup - GPs are good at dealing with these things too.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Yup - GPs are good at dealing with these things too.

Agreed. It is either that or a posting in the Workshop, in which case someone will tell you to tighten it or stick some duct tape on it :)
  • Yea. this is a common problem over here, its called Leftbollickitis, it has an equivalent on the continent called Rightbollickitis.

Comes from riding on the left hand side of the road where the camber forces the weight on the left bollick, obviously on the continent this is the right bollick.

The traditional recommended cure is to ride in the middle of the road. However, it isn't known if this works in the long term, as those who have tried it haven't survived long enough to report on progress!

Still, you could be the first. Let us know how you get on.

:D
  • DF33
    DF33 Posts: 732
    Thanks for the replies chaps.

Yes, Doc is the obvious one.
    But bearing in mind this is a part time problem and has been there for 20 years, my 'bits' are regularly examined for lumps etc (and the missus has checked them too), never any irregularity of size, shape, pain, drop, lumps, tenderness, colour etc etc and over that time if it was cancerous or similar something would have shown, the only thing the quack could do would be a scan I think.

Just thought others may have experienced something similar and if so what they ditched / changed / adjusted / or lopped off :shock: to sort it.
    Peter
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    i had this last year and early this year. it turned out that my seat was slightly too high (for me) which was straining a hip adductor and causing severe bollock pain. i had a scan last year which obviously picked up nothing, but its certainly worth having one done to make sure.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • tim000
    tim000 Posts: 718
    women just dont realise what we have to go through. :shock:
  • Sometimes the whole package downstairs goes completely numb and dead of all feeling. On the bright side I can't feel any discomfort.

Has been ok recently but went out on Thursday night wearing tights for the first time this side of Summer and the old biffing skin went all pins and needles and then numb.
  • nhoj
    nhoj Posts: 129
    Have you tried riding in a kilt?
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    If the doc clears you of medical conditions, may be worthwhile getting your position checked - you may have a leg length discrepancy / twisted pelvis which is forcing you to put pressure more on one side. Can also occur due to muscle imbalance / previous injury.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    Sometimes the whole package downstairs goes completely numb and dead of all feeling. On the bright side I can't feel any discomfort.

Has been ok recently but went out on Thursday night wearing tights for the first time this side of Summer and the old biffing skin went all pins and needles and then numb.

You need to get a new saddle then...I used to get this all the time and I got a saddle with a cut away to remove the pressure on the nerve down there and I hardly ever get it now unless I'm sitting on the front of the saddle for a long time...don't ignore it because it could cause damage to your manparts.