riccione bike hotels

PeterMolloy
PeterMolloy Posts: 121
edited February 2012 in Tour & expedition
Am thinking of trying these people next year, with son, daughter and son in law, but wanted to know what facilities /options / passtimes are available there, for non cyclists.
Wife isn't a cyclist but wants to come with us......she would prefer a few days learning to paint (watercolour type!), cooking course, archery course, flower arranging etc etc.

Has anybody had a similar problem and what solutions if any, did you come up with. Are the Riccione people helpful with ideas for non cyclists, for example.

many thanks
PeteM

Comments

• Couldn't recommend Hotel Belvedere highly enough. the experience my girlfriend and I had there was fantastic

What a fantastic place, they had daily non cycling things going on, cookery, market trip, some sort of italian lessons, shopper type leisure cycle rides, then the spa which is fantastic and the food and quality of accomodation is great as well. it's quiet a nice little town to walk around as well, though not amazing but there are some nice shops and cafe's and the money and investment they have made in the promonade makes for a really nice afternoon evening walk

The food in the hotel was absolutley brilliant, never experienced and half board/all inclusive type food like it, they offer free transfers to and from rimini airport (though if you get a taxi make sure you say hotel belvedere rission not not just assume or you'll end up in rimini!!! only 5 miles aways but vastly different hotel!!!!) and the staff and owner (marina) couldn't have been more welcoming. They treat you more like guest in their home rather than hotel

The standard of the accomodation is great, rooms can feel to be a little small but that is only a minor thing, we booked a glamour room, it was very clean and very chic and was very much in a boutique hotel style.

Check it out on trip advisor and just google it, plenty of glowing reviews, very much though it couldn't be as good as people say. I travel alot with work tending to stay in crowne plaza and marriott type hotels and this place was easily better.

The bike guides we had were great Karl and Ian especially, but all were great and the cycling facilities give you that 'pro' feeling during your, free laundry (well included in the price) 4 meals (if you include snadwich, bananas energy drinks for out ridiing), good cleaning facilities for the bikes with assistance form the mechanic.

I think the biggest recommendation comes form the fact that ourselves and another couple were the only first time vistors there for the time we were staying (there were other as part of groups but those had come with returning guests) there was a family that had returned for the 7th time (he was a swiss former pro ironman triathlete who had travelled the world with the sport and was also a coach for world cup mountian bikers though wife and 2 kids didn't cycle) and a danish guy returning for the 9th year (he was CFO for the dannish natiopnal health service (equiverlant)) and his wife didn't cycle plus many others from not only europe but the US.

I think it will be hard not to be satisfied with your stay there.
  • Doc davo: Many many thanks for such a comprehensive reply. I'll definitely get onto to finding more out re the Belvedere. thanks again
    PeteM
  • doc_davo wrote:
    Couldn't recommend Hotel Belvedere highly enough. the experience my girlfriend and I had there was fantastic

What a fantastic place, they had daily non cycling things going on, cookery, market trip, some sort of italian lessons, shopper type leisure cycle rides, then the spa which is fantastic and the food and quality of accomodation is great as well. it's quiet a nice little town to walk around as well, though not amazing but there are some nice shops and cafe's and the money and investment they have made in the promonade makes for a really nice afternoon evening walk

The food in the hotel was absolutley brilliant, never experienced and half board/all inclusive type food like it, they offer free transfers to and from rimini airport (though if you get a taxi make sure you say hotel belvedere rission not not just assume or you'll end up in rimini!!! only 5 miles aways but vastly different hotel!!!!) and the staff and owner (marina) couldn't have been more welcoming. They treat you more like guest in their home rather than hotel

The standard of the accomodation is great, rooms can feel to be a little small but that is only a minor thing, we booked a glamour room, it was very clean and very chic and was very much in a boutique hotel style.

Check it out on trip advisor and just google it, plenty of glowing reviews, very much though it couldn't be as good as people say. I travel alot with work tending to stay in crowne plaza and marriott type hotels and this place was easily better.

The bike guides we had were great Karl and Ian especially, but all were great and the cycling facilities give you that 'pro' feeling during your, free laundry (well included in the price) 4 meals (if you include snadwich, bananas energy drinks for out ridiing), good cleaning facilities for the bikes with assistance form the mechanic.

I think the biggest recommendation comes form the fact that ourselves and another couple were the only first time vistors there for the time we were staying (there were other as part of groups but those had come with returning guests) there was a family that had returned for the 7th time (he was a swiss former pro ironman triathlete who had travelled the world with the sport and was also a coach for world cup mountian bikers though wife and 2 kids didn't cycle) and a danish guy returning for the 9th year (he was CFO for the dannish natiopnal health service (equiverlant)) and his wife didn't cycle plus many others from not only europe but the US.

I think it will be hard not to be satisfied with your stay there.

+1 :D

Great holiday last year but we left it too late to go this year but will be back. Fabulous in every way. Children's club in august which my 2 boys aged 4 and 12 really enjoyed especially making pasta.
  • I've stayed at the Beledere twice with wife and daughters. I went on great rides with the hotel guide and they slept and ate.
    The hotel is great, fantastic eye for detail, amazing food and the cycling is well organised.
    There was a beach party which I thought would be rubbish but I was very wrong. White linen tables clothes, waiters wearing best outfits on the waters edge with champagne and oysters. Perfect.
    The town is not bad with stacks of shops, restaurants and a marina.
    You all have a great holiday.
  • I should add that the whole De Rosa family were staying last time I was there.
  • morrisje wrote:
    I've stayed at the Beledere twice with wife and daughters. I went on great rides with the hotel guide and they slept and ate.
    The hotel is great, fantastic eye for detail, amazing food and the cycling is well organised.
    There was a beach party which I thought would be rubbish but I was very wrong. White linen tables clothes, waiters wearing best outfits on the waters edge with champagne and oysters. Perfect.
    The town is not bad with stacks of shops, restaurants and a marina.
    You all have a great holiday.

:o at the beach party too. Great fun. and then the swimming pool party where all the staff jumped in and we did too! Happy days.
  • I've stayed at the Hotel Dory in Riccione a few times over the last 9 years and the place just gets better and better!

I first went there on a bike hol back in 2002 with a few mates and I was impressed then but it has since been refurbished to a really high standard and everything was amazing! Staff are friendly too but not been with the bike for a while as I live in Italy now and run my own camp, so not much need!

It's always my palce to stay in Riccione when we go for a break now though, hope this helps..
    Il Sasso Cycling - Sempre in Bici
    Penna San Giovanni (Mc), Italia

Cycling training, touring and Gran Fondo camps in Italy

http://www.ilsassocycling.com
    http://www.casaliozzi.com

Follow @ilsassocycling on twitter and facebook for regular updates
  • el_rey
    el_rey Posts: 83
    I have stayed at 3 different hotels and all have been great. My wife seldom rides and was happy with the beach, the shopping and the cultural venues.
  • andymiller
    andymiller Posts: 2,856
    Am thinking of trying these people next year, with son, daughter and son in law, but wanted to know what facilities /options / passtimes are available there, for non cyclists.
    Wife isn't a cyclist but wants to come with us......she would prefer a few days learning to paint (watercolour type!), cooking course, archery course, flower arranging etc etc.

Has anybody had a similar problem and what solutions if any, did you come up with. Are the Riccione people helpful with ideas for non cyclists, for example.

From Riccione day trips by train to Ravenna and Bologna would definitely be possible. Venice is more of a schlepp (3 and a half hours) but thinkable - at least if you're really keen.

You could try asking the tourist office and/or the hotel. It might be a good way to test out how helpful they are.