Wormhole to the planet of the wasps

SimonAH
SimonAH Posts: 3,730
edited September 2011 in Commuting chat
On the landing at AH towers there is a large uPVC window with a wooden windowsill which appears to be in perfect condition both inside and out. On average six times a day a smaller than usual wasp appears on the windowsill in its final death throes.

We have never, ever seen a wasp alive in the house, nor a dead or dying one on any other windowsill or surface (except once on the carpet below the windowsill where I suppose some particularly theatrical death spasms threw one to the floor). I’ve also checked the attic carefully.

So. Is it logical to assume that there is a wormhole or stargate connecting my windowsill to the planet of the slightly undersized wasps and that the invasion vanguard have not taken into account the coldness of space and therefore are arriving into this universe at the edge of death? I’ve checked the surface of the windowsill carefully and there aren’t any sort of golfball dimples cut from the surface to imply a Terminator time travel sphere.
FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Comments

• HM36Drugs-Are-Bad-Posters.jpg
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    For some reason wasps keep flying into the glass of my bedroom window. In the summer there is a little thud about once every 10 minutes as a wasp flies into the glass and then flies off with (I presume) a sore head.

I think the wasp wormhole has a portal near my window and the travel through interdimensional space affects their vision and/or navigation.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Yeah look for a little hole with like fuzzy orange fire around the outside, there'll be one thereabouts. The blue fuzzy fire hole will be near a wasps nest somewhere.
  • "Wasp wormhole...." Your away with the bees........
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • I think you'll find that your wooden windowsill has become but a hollow outline of its former self and inside there will be wasptropolis - alternatively yes indeed you have discovered a link through time and space to the Planet of the Wasps, which is in the same galaxy as the Planet of Left Socks and its twin, Planet of Right Socks.
  • Torvid
    Torvid Posts: 449
    Maybe your window sill is suffering from Quantum entanglement with EKE_38BPM window, they dump there head on his window and fall onto your sill...?
    Commuter: Forme Vision Red/Black FCN 4
    Weekender: White/Black - Cube Agree GTC pro FCN 3
  • Had a similar thing but on a much greater scale. We had about 20 a day on the landing window. Turns out they had built a nest in a crack in the wall and were coming in through where the sash cord goes into the window frame (old style wooden windows). Initially did a daily battle with wasp spray and then gave in and filled in the sash holes with bathroom sealant.