witnessed a crash

el_presidente
el_presidente Posts: 1,963
edited September 2011 in Commuting chat
At the pedestrian lights at the bottom of Constitution Hill right outside Buckingham Palace, going north towards HPC. Lights were red and two lanes of cars were queuing. I was filtering slowly up the inside when suddenly a numpty on a horrible supermarket double-suspension horrorbike shot across my bows from out of nowhere, he was maybe 6 inches in front of me. I started shouting "stop" but by then he had crashed straight into a motorcyclist filtering down the outside.

They both went down, but luckily appeared to be no injuries. The motorbike was scratched up, luckily for the cyclist it was a 10yo Honda with a placid rider rather than a brand new Harley and a Hells Angel.

A completely shocking piece of cycling, complete disregard for anyone filtering at all. I assume he had just forgotten such a thing occurs. Anyway I gave my details as a witness and went on my way. Be careful out there people.
<a>road</a>

Comments

• Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    Well done for stopping, Sir.
  • No-one else did despite probably 50 people (car drivers, cyclists and peds) witnessing it.
    <a>road</a>
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    #brokenbritain
  • the Queen was conspicuous by her absence despite it occurring LITERALLY on her doorstep.
    <a>road</a>
  • An eejit on a BSO slowly hits a motorbike that is also going slowly. No injuries (by what you say) Plus someone has already stopped to help (you). Not a lot else to do..... move on people.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • merkin
    merkin Posts: 452
    While it is not necessary for everyone to stop it is always good to have at least a couple of witnesses as otherwise the bso could claim it wasn't his fault and blame the motorbike.