canyon all sold out?

blablablacksheep
blablablacksheep Posts: 1,377
edited September 2011 in MTB beginners
been looking on their website and seems all their bikes are pretty much sold out, yet still being advertised on the site.

any idea if this true or if they actually have any bikes in stock? ie canyon nerve xcs
London2Brighton Challange 100k!
http://www.justgiving.com/broxbourne-runners

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    email them and ask?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Brood
    Brood Posts: 138
    yup all sold out apparently, only framesets left.
    Canyon Nerve AM 6 2011
  • have emailed them a few times but no luck, will call their uk centre and find out if they really have sold out and if so, why they still have the bikes advertised on the website given they all sold out.....

any idea when 2012 will be released?
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    They're all sold out because when everyone hiked their prices 50% in 3 years, only Canyon (and a couple of other direct to consumer brands) were able to keep their prices at reasonable prices. Then the magazines caught up with that and they started to sell like hotcakes. Now its getting towards 2012 season and they're running down stock. Nice problem to have if you're a bike manufacturer, not so good for you as a buyer. My advice? If you cant get what you want from Canyon, get it from your LBS by negotiating a mahoosive discount on a 2011 model... Now is the time!
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • their bikes may be good but they do not give a toss about the customer nor are they capable of resolving simple problems. my son was selected for his army mbike team in germany ,so a treat ,new bike 8 week wait 1st delivery came back tried his bfpo adress ended up in the wrong country 3rd time came back again. loads of emails and phone calls no joy they just cancelled order and refunded money, wouldnt listen. so sent complain emails to uk and the boss in germany guess what no reply so bought a cube from crc ,you cant go wrong
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Probably couldn't read the emails if the above is an example.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • LBS i have near me are pretty useless sadly, they allways have stupidly hiked up prices, inner tube that will be £5.99 sir..... :shock: just a quick example.

i tried before to haggle with them and was just told the price in question is set and that its the "best deal around" bollucks so i wont be using my LBSs.

phoning up canyon today to see what they have ect, but atm looks like going to have to either wait for 2012 stock(any ideas when?) or upgrade/buy new hardtail frame and build my own...insert noob bike builder :wink:

p.s what unit is your son in out of interest? he infantry?

***edit**

phoned them up, all their 2011 mountain bikes are sold out apart from Small size.. :roll: 2012 stock will be coming out on website within the next couple of weeks i was told
  • Ian43
    Ian43 Posts: 172
    It is because they buy all the components for their series of bikes in bulk so get them cheaper and then build so many of each to order, once those components are gone they will bulk buy the next lot for the next series.