Thieves caught in the act

C0LL0
C0LL0 Posts: 271
edited September 2011 in MTB stolen
At the end of my ride today, at Leigh-on-Sea train station I cycled upto the bike park area, to see two youths in the split level cycle racks, upon hearing me coming quickly stepped out looking very suspicious. Upon cycling a little closer I could see a pair of bolt croppers the 1st one was trying to hide behind him.

I shot over to him grabbed him as he tried to flee, dropping the croppers, he wriggled free so I started to give chase on foot, only to turn around to see the other one about to pick my bike up which I had dropped.

Sod this I thought so ran back to my bike, the other little sh#t then ran off behind the chain link fence and up the road, well I was now next to the dropped bolt croppers which I picked up and hurled with a fair amount of effort at him hitting his arm and leg.

A driving school car then saw what was happening and followed them up Belton way to where a waiting car with another person in was parked. He got their number plate, I got the bolt croppers covered in their fingers prints so promptly phone the old bill...... thier response was some will call round probably in a couple of weeks.... whats the use of even reporting crime when they can't even do their jobs when we are giving them all the information which they need to go and arrest them.

The bolt croppers barnd new from WILKO's probably stolen to day as well, at least if they arn't collected I've got a pair of croppers out of it.

I went back to the cycle bay, but couldn't see anybikes with there locks cut, still I couldn't even see anything worth nicking, no one laeves a nice bike at the station, just goes to show how stupid these thiefs are doesn't it.

It was funny watching them sh#t themselfs when I cycled over to them, I might be over 40 now but still in decent shape, and with my kickboxing back ground I think they might have been a little bit sore right now had I got hold of othem proper. :twisted:

Comments

• pretty much same thing happened in Bristol yesterday - a workmate of mine was in the Broadmead shopping area - saw a couple with kiddies pull bolt croppers from their hoodies, crop a lock on a saracen and ride off on it - he gave chase and they rode straight past 2 PCSO's - he called to the PCSO's to stop the bike thief and they didn't know what to do - instead of giving chase they just started taking details form my work mate. Rubbish.

and then they had the nerve to try to blame the owner of the bike for not using a secure enough lock - Police - STOP BLAMING THE VICTIM!