Rock shok Reverb without cable

1mancity2
1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
edited September 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Has anyone done away with the cable on a Reverb and fitted a lever?

I've heard this is possible but can't find any info on actually how you do it.
Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2

Comments

• as far as i'm aware rockshox say you can't fit a lever under the seat in place of the bar mounted one, so unless someone has made an aftermarket one (doubtful) then i don't think you'll be able to.
  • 1mancity2
    Yeah pretty sure its a mod.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Why would you want to do so?
  • 1mancity2
    When I lower it to its lowest postion the cable is hitting my tyre as I decend, looked at all ways of routing the cable but to no joy.

Frame is 2010 Giant Reign btw.
  • Anonymous
    Hmm. Curious.
    Have you got enough slack to coil the hose (loosely) around the seatpost two or three turns on the way to the top?
    That way, it would bulge out a little in all directions, rather than create a big loop towards the rear wheel.
  • So you bought a seatpost whose unique selling point is the hydralic actuated remote and now you want to remove it? that's a bit of a Doh! moment

You're best bet is to stick the reverb on ebay and buy a lever actuated Pure Racing KS i950.
  • Anonymous
    I think the term is "You bought the koolaid".
    Or "you fell for it hook, line and sinker" :wink:
  • warpcow
    warpcow Posts: 1,448
    Have a look through the Reign photo thread on mtbr. the are plenty of dropper-posts there and it looks like most of them have fastened the cable/hose just below the seatpost clamp, so that the bend of it stays above the tyre/closer to the frame when dropped.

Edit: Something like this:

593181d1295752132-rockshox-reverb-thread-reverb-5.jpg

It's not a Reign, but the best close-up pic I could find.
  • 1mancity2
    So you bought a seatpost whose unique selling point is the hydralic actuated remote and now you want to remove it? that's a bit of a Doh! moment

You're best bet is to stick the reverb on ebay and buy a lever actuated Pure Racing KS i950.

Got it for £160 so I can live with it if I have too.
  • 1mancity2
    Hmm. Curious.
    Have you got enough slack to coil the hose (loosely) around the seatpost two or three turns on the way to the top?
    That way, it would bulge out a little in all directions, rather than create a big loop towards the rear wheel.

Never thought of that, good idea Yee.