Swinley

Mccraque
Mccraque Posts: 819
edited September 2011 in Routes
Went to Swinley for the first time at the weekend and was reasonably impressed...although when I checked the Garmin it seems that I had only covered about a third of the area (nearest the carpark) - despite doing my best to get lost (I unwittingly hit the boundary road twice!)

Fun as the singletrack was, I couldn't seem to find much gradient. Is there anthing a little more gravity oriented further in? If so, where (roughly on the map...appreciate it's a labyrinth!)

I saw a load of chaps in full on freeride gear and full facers.....Were they just dressing up? Or have I missed something!

Thanks

Comments

• weeksy59
    weeksy59 Posts: 2,606
    Just to the left of the labrinyth is downhill area.

Also between there and the Centre is Jump Gully... both require either some armour or a bit of care and attention.

The Downhill area is basically 2 large hills into a valley with drop offs and jumps into the base.

Gradient is over torward Crowthorne.

Swinley is not known for massive hills... more lots of short sharp hills to acomplish the goals.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Keep an eye on London Calling - we ride Swinley regularly and you are welcome to join in. Most of the decent stuff is well away from the carpark, but as weeksy said it's not huge hills. Some fun bits though, and you can string sections together into quite serious rides.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Heres a map with one big loop on it to help out:

http://gallery.me.com/pinnick/100086/Scanned-20Image-201/web.jpg

web.jpg
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • Thanks for that guys...

Am tempted to go back next weekend!!

Cooldad - what's London Calling? A site or something? or a sub seciton on Bikeradar? Thanks

EDit - Ignore my last comment. Found it in Rides...will keep an eye out. Cheers