HTC Columbia

Secteur
Secteur Posts: 1,971
edited September 2011 in Pro race
Anyone else notice that the commentator on todays ITV4 coverage of the TdB kept referring to "HTC Columbia" and not "HTC Highroad" - bet the sponsors weren't too happy!!

Comments

• and that Matt Brammier rides for An Post.

Glad it wasn't just me.
    Cheers

Andy
    Cyclist, Massage Therapist & Ice Cream Genius
    Andrew Creer Massage
  • Secteur wrote:
    Anyone else notice that the commentator on todays ITV4 coverage of the TdB kept referring to "HTC Columbia" and not "HTC Highroad" - bet the sponsors weren't too happy!!

What's the TdB? If you mean the Tour of Britain then that's Hugh Porter and his knowledge of Road Cycling is pretty poor. Hopefully Brian Smith will educate him a bit over the next week.
    Scottish and British...and a bit French
  • durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    Hugh Porter was good crack in the media box at the finish line - theres no way he was commentating on the race as it happens, as he spent most time getting updates from the Officials car on the course and also talking with the crowd.
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • Yeah i noticed, mentioned it in another thread, i wanted to scream at the TV, worse still was that nobody corrected him!
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    Hugh Porter has been a disappointment for me ever since the 2010 worlds when Gilbert was quite blatantly caught and he kept saying 'but where's Gilbert?', both me and my girlfriend screaming at him that they;ve already passed him
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    He's about 80 isn't he? The wife's godfather used to motor pace him when he was racing.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • prawny wrote:
    He's about 80 isn't he? The wife's godfather used to motor pace him when he was racing.

Isn't that cheating !

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    prawny wrote:

Isn't that cheating !

:oops: Oops!

That must have been a chap from the midlands won the worlds then!
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017