How many violate Rule 33

huffalotpuffalot
huffalotpuffalot Posts: 12
edited September 2011 in The bottom bracket
I have only just started cycling so I was just wondering how many people violate Rule 33 http://www.velominati.com/blog/the-rules/#33
Eddy Merckx EMX-1
Garmin 500
SIS nutrition
Elite Volare Mag Turbo Trainer

Gingerbeard man, tasty too!!

Comments

• To a greater or lesser extent, I follow the rule. I don't bother in winter as the legs are under longs, but during the season I get depressed if I have hairy legs. It just doesn't look atheltic or asthetic.
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.
  • I violate it 'cos I'm a rebel. :P
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    I happen to like my mohair legwarmers :)
  • I dunno about Rule 33, but I definately break rules 38, 79 and 81!
  • I'm no where near serious enough a cyclist to shave my legs
  • At least I wont be alone in my furriness :D
    Eddy Merckx EMX-1
    Garmin 500
    SIS nutrition
    Elite Volare Mag Turbo Trainer

Gingerbeard man, tasty too!!
  • andysol
    andysol Posts: 125
    Fur is the way, Im not in to a shaven haven
    Andy
    Evidently i mostly have a FCN of 1. I'm now a lady!
  • I am slow enough that I would look like a right pillock going round with shaved legs.
  • Think I'll stick with the hirsute approach.

Little bits of toilet tissue stuck to your legs is NOT cool. 8)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I've mentioned this before with regards to "The Rules", but never gotten a answer.

Why is there no Rule 38? It jumps from 37 to 39.
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    Not checked the rules, but from reading this thread... I abide by rule 33 :wink:
    All year round!
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    I'd look more stupid with shaved legs than hairy ones. mind you they carry bald patches from when i used to play ice hockey. neverused to wear anything (except pants) under my kit and we used to tape shin pads into place. after a few years of this, oddly the hair never grew back.

The rest of me is so hairy I'd need a full body wax to compensate, not happening.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • I think shaving legs is for others of a more delicate persuasion.
  • There are no 'rules' to cycling, unless we are talking about the Highway Code or Race Rules!

Blokes are meant to have hairy legs. I can just about be bothered to shave my face once a week.

Reading articles like "The Keepers" - makes me want to grow a beard and buy a Powermeter. I see 'The Rules' as a bit of a challenge to how many you can break.
    Simon
  • Think I have broken almost every one of those rules, and I have NO intentions of this rule being an exception lol
    Those are amusing rules though, particularly like the Livestrong band one... Made me chuckle
  • I love the 'Rules' on that site, done very much tounge in cheek in my opinion and people who get arsey with them just don't get it!

As for shaving, if and when I can climb the hills I currently struggle with without looking like the hairy legged novice I am, I might consider it.
  • This
    Mouth wrote:
    The rest of me is so hairy I'd need a full body wax to compensate, not happening.

..and this
    Blokes are meant to have hairy legs. I can just about be bothered to shave my face once a week.

Plus, every time I looked down after shaving them I'd have a moment of shock wondering who the feck was pedaling my bike :shock:
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    Pssshhhhhhhtttt, just dish out some hurt :wink:

TBH it's the option i'm taking. Shaving/waxing is too much hassle for my liking.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    I dish out the hurt :twisted:
  • I ride full chewbacca - screw the Rules!