velodroid app?

jmeadows
jmeadows Posts: 335
edited October 2011 in The bottom bracket
thinking of getting velodroid app for htc wildfire s, anyone point me one way or tother? seems to be most in depth app, but less reviews than the others.....
never hurts your eyes to look on the bright side of life...

Comments

• Hi,

I'm actually one of the developers of Velodroid (a friend pointed this post out to me) so I admit I'm biased but also happy to point you towards a more extensive review::

http://knowit.co.nz/2011/06/velodroid-is-a-fun-app-for-cyclists-with-android-phones

It's intended to be very simple to use and read whilst riding but whilst still displaying things like elevation gain and current gradient, i.e., clycling specific things that most apps ignore.

We've had quite a bit of positive feedback but are always on the search for ways to improve the app so if you do go for it then please let us know what you think.

Dave.
  • well i bought it & took it out on clubrun yesterday.
    speed distance was all spot on. gradient & elavation seemed a bit skewiff.
    it reads my max gradient was 1:25% & max elavation1:25m the ride was dead flat so if it means there was a 25% slope then something a bit out, let me know, cheers
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    jmeadows wrote:
    well i bought it & took it out on clubrun yesterday.
    speed distance was all spot on. gradient & elavation seemed a bit skewiff.
    it reads my max gradient was 1:25% & max elavation1:25m the ride was dead flat so if it means there was a 25% slope then something a bit out, let me know, cheers

You stated the gradient was 1:25%, this isn't correct; did it read 1:25, or 25% ? they're massively different.
    1:25 = 4%
    1:4 = 25%
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • i stated it read 1:25% because it read 1:25%, which is why i was a bit baffled :idea:
  • Firstly, thanks for the purchase.

Now, the readings of 1:25 imply certainly imply that things weren't working properly. This is some junk data that users should never see (it should get wiped the first time they open the app and start a ride). Have you tried the app since? Or tried looking at that ride now in the ride log screen? If so does it still display the junk?

For our testing purposes am I right in thinking you had a HTC Wildfire with the language set to English UK and I guess Imperial units selected in the Settings of the app?

I'm happy to try and resolve this out in the open but if it's a little dull for the BikeRadar community feel free to email me at davidbriggs@velodroid.info and we can see what's up.
  • Ta for reply, app was great other than that thanks, HTC wildfire s, metric in settings, it still shows that reading in the log, gona b using it again sunday for our club sportive, watdyathinks up? Thanks again
  • djb79
    djb79 Posts: 3
    Just re-found this post and wanted to say:
    -we resolved jmeadows's issue via email (they had aeroplane mode turned on in an attempt to save battery power, we hadn't anticipated that, thus the garbage data)

-and in the most recent version (2.0.5) we have created a subtle notification which indicates that aeroplane mode is turned on and that therefore elevation & gradient data won't be as accurate as it could.