PBo Posts: 2,493
edited September 2011 in Commuting chat
Tosh - and yet I'm hooked....

That is all.

Comments

• suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    As am I.

ofc I'm the kind of sado that star spots the americans.
  • Sadly I have all the episodes recorded on the V+ box and yet to find time to watch any... maybe i need a TW-fest after I get back from the club ride tomorrow...
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    I'm hooked but it's dragging, I'm kind of glad that next week will be the last episode. Great concept though.

Anywho, it's all about Doctor Who. Saturday (today 10/9/11) episode was heart pounding emotional stuff!
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • suzyb
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I'm hooked but it's dragging, I'm kind of glad that next week will be the last episode. Great concept though.

Anywho, it's all about Doctor Who. Saturday (today 10/9/11) episode was heart pounding emotional stuff!
    t'was.

And Rory in those glasses...rawr.
  • DonDaddyD
    Really!?

Personally the male cast fall far short of David Tennant.

Phwaor..... (gay crush)
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • @ Suzyb How come a nerd like Rory gets the gorgeous Amy? Explain please - I mean apart from him waiting 2000 years for her ?
  • The Ors
    The Ors Posts: 130
    Gave up watching TW after episode 2. I loved the previous series but this is just junk.
  • suzyb
    @ Suzyb How come a nerd like Rory gets the gorgeous Amy? Explain please - I mean apart from him waiting 2000 years for her ?
    Mainly just because he waited 2000 years for her. And he's the nice dependable guy. Deep down every women wants nice and dependable.

And yeah David Tennant, there's a guy you'd sit through Shakespere for drool
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    yes every woman wants a nice guy, yes yes that's totally what i've seen

:roll:

hmmm!
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    I don't mind gay people.

As long as they don't ram it down my throat!

:shock:
  • Watched an infinite amount of guff and then had to work Thursday night so missed this weeks, so I probably will never understand it now ;-(
  • DonDaddyD
    Watched an infinite amount of guff and then had to work Thursday night so missed this weeks, so I probably will never understand it now ;-(

iPlayer.

The Jack and the other guys sex scene was a bit much as far as sex scenes go. Still, no worse than an episode of True Blood.
    Food Chain number = 4

• pst88
    pst88 Posts: 621
    Torchwood > doctor who
    Bianchi Via Nirone Veloce/Centaur 2010
  • Final episode is the best.

EZTV

It's the BBC so you're only really getting it a week early, conscious is clear.
    'nulla tenaci invia est via'
    FCN4
    Boardman HT Pro fully X0'd
    CUBE Peleton 2012
    Genesis Aether 20 all season commuter
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    Joelsim wrote:
    I don't mind gay people.

I must admit, I found that particular scene self-indulgent and needless in a show like Torchwood. OK, if it was Brokeback Mountain or some other love story, but it's not.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • The Ors wrote:
    Gave up watching TW after episode 2. I loved the previous series but this is just junk.

this
  • joelsim
    Agent57 wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:
    I don't mind gay people.

I must admit, I found that particular scene self-indulgent and needless in a show like Torchwood. OK, if it was Brokeback Mountain or some other love story, but it's not.

That's the only episode I've seen. Is it not always like that then? I was expecting Daleks and got the fella who looks like Tom Cruise being true to life.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,377
    Can't see any of this fuss if it had been a straight scene. I'm guessing you guys steered clear of Queer as Folk then.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • joelsim
    rjsterry wrote:
    Can't see any of this fuss if it had been a straight scene. I'm guessing you guys steered clear of Queer as Folk then.

Not especially. I know it's a bit of a hackneyed comment, but actually many of my friends are gay. Nothing against it at all. You are what you are, some people are straight, some are gay. Makes no odds to who you are.
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    Joelsim wrote:
    I was expecting Daleks and got the fella who looks like Tom Cruise being true to life.

heh, heh, very good!