Vuelta stage 20 *spoiler*

afx237vi
afx237vi Posts: 12,630
edited September 2011 in Pro race
Just going over the top of the first cat climb now with Sastre and Menchov setting the tempo for Geox. Two GT winners as your domestiques... not a bad position to find yourself in.

Comments

• afx237vi
    Looks like there's been some kind of incident with a police motorbike there... not sure how it happened though... somewhere in between the bunch and breakaway. Hopefully the pilot is OK.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Just you and I, monkeyman?

Guess everyone else is out riding.
  • Tusher
    Seeing as there's no-one else around to hear me, can I ask a truly dumb question?

Is the last stage of the Vuelta neutral like the last stage of the Tour? I'm certain it is in all three GTs, but could Froome attack tomorrow?
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Tusher wrote:
    Just you and I, monkeyman?

Guess everyone else is out riding.

Catching up on Vuelta, Brux and Quebec first!

Strava is not Zen.
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    odd attack that
  • afx237vi
    Tusher wrote:
    Seeing as there's no-one else around to hear me, can I ask a truly dumb question?

Is the last stage of the Vuelta neutral like the last stage of the Tour? I'm certain it is in all three GTs, but could Froome attack tomorrow?

The last stage of the Tour is only neutral because the race is always won by the time they get there. I guess we might see Froome and Cobo sprinting tomorrow if Sky can keep it together.
  • afx237vi
    Did Froome just sprint for the wrong banner? Oops.
  • rebs
    Wiggins bunch sprint champion! who needs cav....
  • I'm here too, Vuelta on TV, Arsenal on PC and pressing refresh on the paracyling site while witing for the results or news...

What's going on with the sprints, wrong banners?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • afx237vi
    edited September 2011
    I'm here too, Vuelta on TV, Arsenal on PC and pressing refresh on the paracyling site while witing for the results or news...

What's going on with the sprints, wrong banners?

Confusion between the 20km to go banner and the intermediate sprint at 18km to go.

Harmon saying now that the sprint point was moved midway through the stage. Very odd.
  • rebs
    Moved the sprint point mid stage... queue the conspiracy theories :P
  • Oh yeah, it's the Vuelta. :lol:
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • The intermediate sprint was moved to 16km mark...

Does Joaquim keep the points jersey as it stands - there was only two points to Mollema?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • afx237vi
    Sastre coming into form nicely. If they did a 6 week GT he might win something.
  • Tusher
    Yup, reckon Sastre could win the Race Across America one day. :)
  • Wow, nice move and work by Sastre here. Not a bad rouleur like he did in San Sebastian last year.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Didn't know Eros was a SD rider.
    Eros Capecchi (Liquigas) has been a team-mate of Juan José Cobo at Saunier Duval. “When I saw Cobo in Benidorm, I told my team-mates that he’d make the top 5 overall because I had never seen him so fit”, said the Italian. “I don’t think he can lose the Vuelta now.”
    Contador is the Greatest
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Chance for Bennati to earn his worlds selection...
  • Bennati having a decent year. 6th win and in the 30s for CQ ranking.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Bennati owns the no sprinter sprints.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Not impressive he won that sprint, but very impressive to still be in that group after that 1st cat climb. Good form for Copenhagen
  • Anyone find an update on the condition of the injured motorbike rider? It wasn't nice seeing him lying motionless on the ground with nobody attending to him.

Focus Cayo Expert (road)
    Giant ATX 970 (full susp)
    Trek Alpha 4300 (hardtail)
    Peugeot 525 Comp (road - turbo trainer duties)