help identifying the year

vala
vala Posts: 197
edited September 2011 in MTB general
hello all,

got my eye on this santa cruz chameleon however I'm a bit concerned the frame is not from the year the seller mentions.

can anyone help confirm what year its from?

here's the link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190573350804? ... 686wt_1141

i will try and post up some more pictures the seller has e-mailed me.

Comments

• vala
    and here's a few more pics

vpkshk.jpg
    2zzrcl0.jpg
    2iac4ty.jpg
  • He doesn't even state that for sure it is a 2005, just that he thinks it is. Looks about right though.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    A year here or there is less important than condition. Diificult to be sure from the pics, but it looks ok - clean wheels and rub protection on the frame.
    Obviously impossible to see inside the forks.

I've taken a punt on a few Ebay bikes and done well so far. If I was looking for something like that I'd probably be willing to take a small punt.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • vala
    after a bit of research I think its a 2001 model. from looking at images of 2001 models and they seem similar to this (in particular the head area).
    it probably also matches up to the year of the brakes as well, apparently there c2's.

what does everyone think to the £400 buy it now asking price?
  • I'm going to say it like cooldad said, 2005 +/- a year. That is, IMO, not a 2001.
  • vala
    the only reason i mentioned it looks like a 2001 model was due to the plating around the head. on 2005 and circa models there's a plate that links the top tube, head etc.
    on this particular bike there isn't this and this is the same for 2001 models that i've seen pictures of.