New Forest Grid Iron, 9th October

usedtobefast
usedtobefast Posts: 145
Hi All,

This is a pleasant end of season event that is usually very popular - last year the weather was fantastic and I remember being shocked with the hall at the start being packed with people.

The route is a 62 (ish) miles round the New Forest with 2 timing stations where you stop, get your entry card stamped and timed, and have free tea and biscuits, and it's only £10 to enter on the day or a bargain £5 if you enter in advance.

http://www.wessexctc.org/grdetail.htm

I'm nothing to do with the organisation, just wanted let you know of a great event.

Cheers
Trainee BC level 2 coach ... and that's offical (30th June 2013)

Scott Addict R4 (2008)
Scott Genius MC30 (2006)
Quest carbon circa 1994 - winter bike
Fuji Track Comp 2010

Comments

• mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Some of us from the Saturday and Sunday Xchurch rides and I-Team are doing this. Can't lose really, pay up front for a fiver. If it rains and you cry off, £5 lost. Pay on day for £10, still lose a fiver. Should be good fun.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • Yes, I'll be doing this for the 6th time now with a local group from the New Forest. It's familiar roads for us but a really good sociable ride with plenty of tea stops. I think over 500 people took part in it last year and seems to be getting more and more popular as the years go on.

See you there :)
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    had a weekend break down there earlier in the year. B roads are great for riding. Did a 55 circular and only had to spend about 6 miles on an A road- which was bloody awful. every rsoul onthe planet must have been on that road. Very busy area and lots of drivers far too important to slow down and go round me.
    Tis a beautiful place tho' - maybe a bit quieter now the summer holidays are over??
    Death or Glory- Just another Story