Anyone ever had one of these...

Twostage
Twostage Posts: 987
edited September 2011 in Commuting chat
As we seem to be taking over from NHS online I thought I'd share my current (but getting better) problem :-
6127026226_93af525551.jpg
eye1 by twostage, on Flickr
Burst a blood vessel. Looks disgusting, my youngest calls me Voldemort. Doc says its fairly common and will clear up in a few weeks. Probably did it rubbing my eye.

Comments

• All hail the Hypno-toad :shock:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    do you mind, i'm eating my lunch here
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • Looks nasty I'd keep my eye on that if I was you. :shock:
  • Eye certainly wouldn't want one
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • I would suggest.........................................

get your freaking finger out of it!

On a serious note, leave it alone and it'll be fine!
  • Keith1983 wrote:

On a serious note, leave it alone and it'll be fine!

Eye will second that.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Looks like you have been shot in the face......assume it is not that painful though. Hope it clears up soon.
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    edited September 2011
    Stop with all the cornea jokes please!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    Whilst not as big a quarter of my right eye goes solid red if I get too tired. I think it's a result of something hitting my eye at silly speed on a motorcycle.
    To clarify. That's not something on a motorcycle hitting my eye, I was riding said motorsickle when my eye got hit.
  • I got one of these when I was about 15, just woke up with it. Got another one a few months back when my niece ended up kneeing me in the head when I tickled her.
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Yep. They clear up reasonably easily. Don't worry about it if your vision is good.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Were you trying to pass a really firm type 3?
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    :twisted:

The devil now posts on Bike Radar. Great.

I bet you RLJ too, as well as sacrificing beautiful young women.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    I'm no doctor but it could be that the bloke standing behind you trying to pull your face over your head with just three fingers might have lamped you one a few minutes earlier, causing the bloodied mess in that eye. Probably.
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    Had a bad mask squeeze 15 years ago from a 32m fast descent; both eyes were completely red with no white in them and the skin surrounding the eyes was also extremely bruised.
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    gbsahne wrote:
    Had a bad mask squeeze 15 years ago from a 32m fast descent
    What does that mean in English?
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    TGOTB wrote:
    gbsahne wrote:

When scuba diving on your descent, you are meant to add air into the mask by breathing out through your nose. For some reason the silicone nose piece sealed around my nose preventing me from doing so and the first I knew about it was a massive pain around my eyes at 32m. Rips the mask off, put it back on, clear the water and continue the dive.

Get to the surface and everyone's freaking out when I take the mask off, within 5 minutes I start having tunnel vision, so they bang me on Oxygen and rush me to the local chamber (Largs is a good place to dive as they have one on the island of Millport) ; 5 hours in the chamber I leave and go to use the loo. I look in the mirror and there's this man with completely red eyes looking back at me.
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    gbsahne wrote:
    TGOTB wrote:
    gbsahne wrote:

When scuba diving on your descent, you are meant to add air into the mask by breathing out through your nose. For some reason the silicone nose piece sealed around my nose preventing me from doing so and the first I knew about it was a massive pain around my eyes at 32m. Rips the mask off, put it back on, clear the water and continue the dive.

Get to the surface and everyone's freaking out when I take the mask off, within 5 minutes I start having tunnel vision, so they bang me on Oxygen and rush me to the local chamber (Largs is a good place to dive as they have one on the island of Millport) ; 5 hours in the chamber I leave and go to use the loo. I look in the mirror and there's this man with completely red eyes looking back at me.
    Ouch! Now I'm even more scared of diving than I was before...
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    I get that two or three times a year. First I know about it is when someone points it out.
    Not usually anything to worry about , but may be worth getting checked if it's your first time.
    Graham.
  • I had that after being on the receiving end of a bit of a beating. You should have seen the other guy.

He was fine
    '12 CAAD 8 Tiagra