DennisN

Coach H
Coach H Posts: 1,092
edited September 2011 in Pro race
DennisN has on accasion had a bit of a keyboard kicking on this forum, so for those of you who don't look beyond Pro Race consider this when you are next accusing him of being a troll controlled by Satan

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12798546

What a very nice thing to do Dennis, I salute you (although you have also anoyed the hell out of me sometimes too :lol:)
Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    As I didn't WITNESS this with MY OWN eyes, I don't believe it ever happened.

:wink:
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    I wonder what else he as down in his basement..
    cartoon.jpg
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,162
    good fella
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,162
    good fella
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • DF33
    DF33 Posts: 732
    A Silca track pump.

Don't know what he blows up with it though.... :shock:
    Peter
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Doobz wrote:

Lance?
    the-gimp.jpg

Nice gesture, BTW
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    What a gentleman, but of course, we all knew that.
  • iainf72 wrote:
    As I didn't WITNESS this with MY OWN eyes, I don't believe it ever happened.

:wink:
    And you can't really judge whether he's a nice guy without going out for a pint with him to judge properly.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Don't know him at all, but good for DennisN. Most people have a good heart in the end. cornoyemade recently sent me a fruit basket.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,662
    :lol::lol:
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    I'm deeply touched by the love that's breaking out all over the place. I've just heard that P_Tucker, who we all know is the most religious poster on here 'cos he starts most posts with "Jesus Christ", has offered to pray with Dennis.
  • DF33
    DF33 Posts: 732
    ^^^^^^^^ :D:D
    Peter
  • For a long time I have considered him the 'voice of reason'. I am now able to acknowledge him as the 'Soul of Generosity'. I am booking a room as I write :)
    The older I get the faster I was
  • Turfle wrote:
    cornoyemade recently sent me a fruit basket.

I wouldn't be eating any of that.....
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Nice touch :lol:
  • Nice touch :lol:
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    No big deal guys. Every time I was in the basement I saw it and wondered what the hell I was going to do with it. Then as luck would have it "white91" solved the issue. Trust me,
    I am totally sympathetic with trying to find a saddle, that you like, at a decent price, without having to buy ones that aren't right for you and you end up with them sitting on a shelf, sort of mocking you. So it was win win for me. The saddle mocks me no more and someone is going to get some good use out of it.
  • dennisn
    Doobz wrote:

Let's see - some of the odder things are
    A140mm stem - what the hell was I thinking?
    Four used Continental Sprinter tubulars that have had new tubes installed and haven't been used yet. WHY??? I don't know.
    A three spoke HED rear wheel that has somehow gone a bit out of true - I THINK it's broken but can't verify it any way that I know of. So it hangs there. Mocking me.
    Maybe 15 pair of cycling gloves in various stages of decay.
    A bike trainer, that I paid good money for, that just drives me nuts because I hate basement riding. I had good intentions though. If that counts?
    A Park Tool rear mech alignment tool, used twice in 8 years. I could have sworn I needed it.
    A FSA compact crankset that I stopped using because I NEEDED the new Shimano Outboard Bearing setup. After all who can ride with that octalink junk?
    A 3rd. hand tool. Basically unused.
    About 20 cone wrenches. Only 2 or 3 of which I actually remember buying. They must breed down there.
    A cheapie spring thing that holds your brake pads againt the rim. For adjustment purposes
    is my guess. USELESS.
    A 12 gauge shotgun(with ammo). Apparentlly for when the revolution starts.
    All these things - mocking me.
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    dennisn wrote:
    Doobz wrote:

Four used Continental Sprinter tubulars that have had new tubes installed and haven't been used yet. WHY??? I don't know.
    A three spoke HED rear wheel that has somehow gone a bit out of true - I THINK it's broken but can't verify it any way that I know of. So it hangs there. Mocking me.
    A bike trainer, that I paid good money for, that just drives me nuts because I hate basement riding. I had good intentions though. If that counts?
    A Park Tool rear mech alignment tool, used twice in 8 years. I could have sworn I needed it.
    A FSA compact crankset that I stopped using because I NEEDED the new Shimano Outboard Bearing setup. After all who can ride with that octalink junk?
    About 20 cone wrenches. Only 2 or 3 of which I actually remember buying. They must breed down there.
    A cheapie spring thing that holds your brake pads againt the rim. For adjustment purposes
    is my guess. USELESS.

This is your best post EVER! I want photos of your basement please!

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • dennisn wrote:
    Doobz wrote:

is my guess. USELESS.

If you find any late eighties Campag Groupsets tucked away in a draw .... I'll just PM you my address...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    A shotgun? Come on Dennis, a proper 'American' needs a least a half dozen assault rifles, a cache of waterproof ammo, bottled water, tinned (sorry canned) food, batteries, candles and matches.

Oh sorry mate, It's Ohio isn't it, not Utah ;)
  • dennisn
    dougzz wrote:
    A shotgun? Come on Dennis, a proper 'American' needs a least a half dozen assault rifles, a cache of waterproof ammo, bottled water, tinned (sorry canned) food, batteries, candles and matches.

Oh sorry mate, It's Ohio isn't it, not Utah ;)

Never under estimate the power of 12 gauge loaded with double00 buckshot. The weapon of choice for many an infantryman in Vietman.
  • dennisn
    dennisn wrote:
    Doobz wrote:

is my guess. USELESS.

If you find any late eighties Campag Groupsets tucked away in a draw .... I'll just PM you my address...

I have 2 or 3, but surely you don't want anything that old? :wink::wink:
  • dennisn wrote:
    Doobz wrote:

Let's see -

Unused weights

P_Tucker

• dennisn wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    Doobz wrote:

is my guess. USELESS.

I've got an old Tom Board touring frame that was built for me many years ago that needs some loving attention, and it wouldn't do to put new components on it ;-)
  • dennisn
    dennisn wrote:
    Doobz wrote:

Let's see -

Unused weights

P_Tucker

No, I actually use them. Although my bench presses, curls, and pretty much everything else, leave a lot to be desired when compared to my teens and early twenties.
  • dennisn
    dennisn wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    Doobz wrote:

is my guess. USELESS.

I've got an old Tom Board touring frame that was built for me many years ago that needs some loving attention, and it wouldn't do to put new components on it ;-)

Hopefully the two winks at the end of my post caught your attention and gave you a clue as to whether I was being truthful.
  • dennisn wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    Doobz wrote:

is my guess. USELESS.

Hopefully the two winks at the end of my post caught your attention and gave you a clue as to whether I was being truthful.

;-)