Video: Yoghurt Pots in the Surrey Hills

BenS999
BenS999 Posts: 202
edited September 2011 in MTB general
Hi all,

Just thoguht I would post a link to a recently shot video. The trail is Yoghurt Pots in the Surrey Hills, shot with a couple of GoPro cameras.
Hope you like!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk-aEOjGVb4

Thanks
Ben
2011 Orange Five Pro
On-One Pompetamine Alfine Comp

Comments

• bigpee
    bigpee Posts: 205
    Very nice - need to get myself over to the Surrey Hills. They're right on my doorstep but one really really muddy ride without really knowing where I was going put me off.
    Current bikes:
    Norco Sight 3 SE (on order)
    Specialized Allez 2010

Old bikes:
    Commencal META 55 custom build (Stolen :( )
    Boardman HT Comp 2010
    GT Avalance 1.0 2006(ish)
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Keep an eye on London Calling in rides. We ride there most weekends, more than welcome to come along for a guided tour.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • bigpee
    bigpee Posts: 205
    cooldad wrote:
    Keep an eye on London Calling in rides. We ride there most weekends, more than welcome to come along for a guided tour.

I might have to take you up on that - before winter closes in :) !
    Current bikes:
    Norco Sight 3 SE (on order)
    Specialized Allez 2010

Old bikes:
    Commencal META 55 custom build (Stolen :( )
    Boardman HT Comp 2010
    GT Avalance 1.0 2006(ish)
  • cooldad
    Winter? no problem, some of the best rides last year were in fresh snow.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • BenS999
    BenS999 Posts: 202
    Bigpee, just pm me or get in touch via Facebook (link below). I'm out there most weekends so anytime you fancy riding there just get in touch. Although the next two weekends I'm away. after that it business as normal with either a saturday or sunday ride.

Cooldad, agreed winter is super fun. the snow made for interesting riding last winter and i hope we get some more of it. I will take a look at London calling also.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ben.sweet2
    you'l need to copy paste the link, its not coming out properly

Ben
    2011 Orange Five Pro
    On-One Pompetamine Alfine Comp
  • AMcK
    AMcK Posts: 79
    Nice - got me in the mood for heading over there on Sunday.

Suspect it will be a little wetter than the conditions in your vid though.
    2011 Black Canyon Nerve XC9.0
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    I was over there last sunday, did BKB in the dry, headed over to the pots and it peed it down. Brought bake memories of winter riding with grinding brakes, cold feet and a wet ar$e.

I do like the pots though, better than BKB, because you can ride them in so many different ways.
  • very nice video, well shot! :D
  • Not my favourite trail but you've done a grand job of making it look excellent, nice one.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Did you film that a couple of Sundays ago? Nearly took out a bunch of guys stood in the middle of the trail setting up cameras!

Surprised you don't take the high left line through the bigger bombhole too.

Good video though!
  • cooldad
    diy wrote:
    I was over there last sunday, did BKB in the dry, headed over to the pots and it peed it down. Brought bake memories of winter riding with grinding brakes, cold feet and a wet ar$e.

I do like the pots though, better than BKB, because you can ride them in so many different ways.
    You must have left earlier than us, started just as we left Walking Bottom, hosed down all the way up Holmbury, to Leith and halfway back again.

I don't normally leave the bike too cruddy, but it's still sitting there with a thick coating.

All I wanted was a hot shower.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • diy
    We'd planned to do 3 laps (BKB YP, Tele), but met a couple of broken down newbies at the bottom on ranmore and by the time we had fixed their broken chain twice we'd wasted the best part of an hour. Did one and half laps and then had enough - left Homlbury about lunch time ish.

That is a cracking video btw - makes the drops look steeper than they are.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    When did you find a sunny day though to do it? Can't have been recently!

Nicely done, and managed to avoid crushing the camera too.

Adding to the London Calling thread, there's the FB group to go with it too: https://www.facebook.com/groups/londoncallingmtb

All just used to arrange rides or whatever so feel free. Someone's usually out somewhere each week.
  • diy
    There was some sort of live action battle club at homlbury today - lots of folk running around in sacks with plastic swords. The MTBers looked less geeky for a change.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Yeah, I've seen them a few times. Usually round near the youth hostel. Bit weird coming round the corner to see people with swords. Sure I saw some wizard types too. Strange things people do in the woods.