Public Transport Rage

rick_chasey
rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
edited September 2011 in Commuting chat
Now, we've all experienced abuse from people on 4 or 6 wheels when we're on our bikes.

It's not uncommon.

Having a random stranger in the middle of the tube abusing you is less common.

Was walking towards the barriers to get into the system.

A slighty spivvy Essex type guy (you know,light grey suit which is just that bit too light, a little shiny, knees apart when walking) cut in in front of me as I was walking towards the barriers, when I was no more than about 3 metres away.

He went through the barrier, quickly followed by me. As I beeped and made my way through, he stopped infront of me so I was caught in the barrier - he'd caught the suit jacket he was carrying on the barrier.

He then turned to me, poked me in the chest and about half a foot from my face shouted "F*CK YOU!!!" and stormed off.

I tried to not look too smug when he missed the next train anyway.

Bizarre.

Comments

• Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    Londoners :roll:
    FCN 2 to 8
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    And you didn't deck him?
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    JZed wrote:
    And you didn't deck him?

RC doesn't get arsey, unless you call him RC
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • rick_chasey
    JZed wrote:
    And you didn't deck him?

When you see me on the bike, you'll see why that's not an option for me.

I weigh 56kg
  • rick_chasey
    dhope wrote:
    JZed wrote:
    And you didn't deck him?

*deep breaths*
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    MAybe he was a mind reader and knew you were laughing at him inside. On the other hand it's more likely that he's just a waste of skin.
  • dhope wrote:
    JZed wrote:
    And you didn't deck him?

RC what you did there.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Sounds like he got RC for no reason.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Maybe he knew you from here? :wink:
  • rick_chasey
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    Maybe he knew you from here? :wink:

Way harsh.
  • A couple of years ago I was standing in the isle of a train coming home from work and the guy next to me kept pushing back into me with his rucksack, he had room next to him and was reading his paper with his arms outstretched. After a while he turned round to me and shouted "stop fucking pushing me" The pent up frustration and heat just got to me and I fucking lost it completely, the next few moments were a complete blur, I was physically shaking with rage and when I snapped out of it I realised I was chasing the guy down the platform at Kingston Station. I'm quite an easy going person so was deeply shocked by my own reaction. A few days later I decided to commute by bike and haven't used that train service since.
    Fat lads take longer to stop.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    dhope wrote:
    JZed wrote:
    And you didn't deck him?

*deep breaths*

From now on I can't take you seriously in anyway

As all I can see of you is this now
    arcee-female-transformer-autobot.jpg
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • rick_chasey
    Clever Pun wrote:
    dhope wrote:
    JZed wrote:
    And you didn't deck him?

*deep breaths*

From now on I can't take you seriously in anyway

As all I can see of you is this now
    arcee-female-transformer-autobot.jpg

I'm too young to know anything that specific about transformers :P
  • Clever Pun
    you'll be in the next movie from what I read finding that pic
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Having met RC, I have to say you sound like the unluckiest man alive! Don't take it personally, he probably has a strong fear of fixie riders ;)
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • if you're a small man RC then it sounds like's he just a bit of a bully. Doubt he'd have done that to JZed. Don't worry about it. He'll have an unhappy marriage and horrible kids.
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    and a bad case of the mark fowlers..........
  • dm38
    dm38 Posts: 47
    My last encounter with Public Transport was getting a train up north for work one sunday in April. I had a seat booked but these Rugby fan guys wouldn't let me through the doors of a train that was abotu to depart- so I politely asked them if I could get through as I was standing at the entrance (train was less than half full anyway but they decided to block the doors) and the one in reply shoved me so hard I literally went flying off the train and hit the wall (opposite) - I'm 9st and he looked about 20st. Damaged my shoulder and the way I landed tore my knee cartiladge so I had to pull out of the London Marathon - thankfully I was able to defer the place. The train landed up being delayed half way through the journey as the same guy landed up attacking another passenger later in the journey.

Conclusion - Mindless pointless rage for the sake of rage.
  • rick_chasey
    dm38 wrote:
    My last encounter with Public Transport was getting a train up north for work one sunday in April. I had a seat booked but these Rugby fan guys wouldn't let me through the doors of a train that was abotu to depart- so I politely asked them if I could get through as I was standing at the entrance (train was less than half full anyway but they decided to block the doors) and the one in reply shoved me so hard I literally went flying off the train and hit the wall (opposite) - I'm 9st and he looked about 20st. Damaged my shoulder and the way I landed tore my knee cartiladge so I had to pull out of the London Marathon - thankfully I was able to defer the place. The train landed up being delayed half way through the journey as the same guy landed up attacking another passenger later in the journey.

Christ!

That's sh!t.

Very unlucky.
  • Clever Pun
    dm38 wrote:

wow sorry to hear that; he sounds like an absolute cu^t
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • must be a league player