Total Cycle Assist questions

Jeff Jones
Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
BikeRadar has partnered with Total Cycle Assist to offer affordable, comprehensive insurance for cyclists.

More information here

If you've got any questions about the scheme, post them in this thread.
Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports

Comments

• I might have missed it but i cant see anything about cover duing road racing, time trials etc?
  • Hello, i see your cover for theft is from £4.50 a month. How much a year for an adults bike and 3 childrens bikes, two of them teenagers, stored in a shed? Would the cover for accidents,etc, still be £24.00 pounds?

Thanks
  • Cornish-J wrote:
    I might have missed it but i cant see anything about cover duing road racing, time trials etc?

Good point, Cornish-J, and one I'm pleased to have the opportunity to address. I used to do a lot of time-trialling myself (back in my considerably slimmer and noticeably less bald younger days!) Started off on my dad's handbuilt 1970's job... Reynolds 531 double-butted tubing, no less! My, how things have moved on!! But I digress...

The simple answer is that if you have an accident while road racing or time trialling and there is an identifiable third party at fault (such as another identified rider crashing into you, or a bad pothole on a main road, or something like that), we can do everything that Total Cycle Assist promises. So yes, you're still covered.

However, if you wish to be covered worldwide for pretty much every eventuality - including accident regardless of fault - then that's where our Bicycle Protect comprehensive insurance package comes into its own as the natural upgrade from Total Cycle Assist cover. You can see Bicycle Protect also mentioned in the article.

So Total Cycle Assist for £24 a year covers you and all your bikes in the event of accident, whether that occurs while racing or just riding to work or riding generally, while Bicycle Protect covers virtually everything all over the world.

I hope this is helpful, sir.

Safe riding and best wishes,

Robert Deakin
    Joint Managing Director
    Total Cycle Assist Ltd.
  • pieman99 wrote:
    Hello, i see your cover for theft is from £4.50 a month. How much a year for an adults bike and 3 childrens bikes, two of them teenagers, stored in a shed? Would the cover for accidents,etc, still be £24.00 pounds?

Thanks

To answer your first question, Pieman, I'd need to know a little more about the bikes before I could give you the proper answer you deserve (makes, models, ages, values, and that sort of thing). I will be able to sort you a bit of a family discount if you decided you wanted to cover them all en bloc. No problem at all.

To answer your second question the answer is, quite simply, YES. For £24 a year Total Cycle Assist cover will apply to all 4 of those bikes that you mention, plus all other bikes in your household if there are any. As well as the bikes, of course, TCA is as much about protecting the person (the free physiotherapy in the event of injury is a prime example of this). So you would be covered and also your spouse/partner and ALL your children up to the age of 2.

I hope this is a helpful answer.

Kind regards,

Robert Deakin
    Joint Managing Director
    Total Cycle Assist Ltd.
  • TCA_MD wrote:
    pieman99 wrote:
    Hello, i see your cover for theft is from £4.50 a month. How much a year for an adults bike and 3 childrens bikes, two of them teenagers, stored in a shed? Would the cover for accidents,etc, still be £24.00 pounds?

Thanks

To answer your first question, Pieman, I'd need to know a little more about the bikes before I could give you the proper answer you deserve (makes, models, ages, values, and that sort of thing). I will be able to sort you a bit of a family discount if you decided you wanted to cover them all en bloc. No problem at all.

To answer your second question the answer is, quite simply, YES. For £24 a year Total Cycle Assist cover will apply to all 4 of those bikes that you mention, plus all other bikes in your household if there are any. As well as the bikes, of course, TCA is as much about protecting the person (the free physiotherapy in the event of injury is a prime example of this). So you would be covered and also your spouse/partner and ALL your children up to the age of 2.

I hope this is a helpful answer.

Kind regards,

Robert Deakin
    Joint Managing Director
    Total Cycle Assist Ltd.

Typo alert! That should have said 'up to the age of 21', not 2. D'oh! :roll: RD.
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,819
    TCA had a fair bit of discussion, with Robert's responses also, on the TT forum - it may be worth looking there for some of the issues that were raised and answered unless the policy(ies) are now very different to the ones offered then.
    http://www.timetriallingforum.co.uk/ind ... opic=53352
  • Was wondering why Bikeradar recommended this insurance. It won't cover you if you are at fault. If the motorist or anyone else is at fault, the cyclist could claim this via no win no fee lawyers. In effect, pretty poor insurance.
  • Fran-Urb
    Fran-Urb Posts: 1
    Hi there,

I am looking for a disabled cyclist with a leg disability. It is for a filming project to run alongside the paralympics for a TV channel. We need an athlete to work alongside a BMX professional to learn how to BMX into foampits. Is there anyone that would be interested in this?

If anyone has any response please email me on fran@urb-orbis.com

Thanks
  • rikk
    rikk Posts: 734
    Not for me but I do know another couple of amputee cyclists I'll pass on your email address.
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Jeff Jones wrote:
    BikeRadar has partnered with Total Cycle Assist to offer affordable, comprehensive insurance for cyclists.

The first words I read on the website were "it is not insurance"', although they certainly use the word 'cover' a lot.

Misleading? :?