Cheap l/s commuter jerseys

Yemble
Yemble Posts: 28
edited September 2011 in Commuting general
What's a good cheap deal on wicking long sleeve jerseys for commuting?

I've been using those Decathlon short-sleeve numbers (£7 ish) for a few years but don't think they make a long sleeve version. Since I'll need a few of them I'd rather pay closer to £10 than the £20+ I see everywhere at the usual online sites.

Comments

• PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    See if your local Lidl has any still in - they went on sale on Monday, but tend to go pretty quick.

PBo
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Why buy a few cheap ones when Planet X are selling merino by the bucket load @ £20 each!

Being merino, you only need 1 for the week ;)

One example, look around, plenty more about...
    http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/CLO ... ayer-190gm
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    I hav some bib shorts from Ten Outdoors. I find them very comfortable and dirt cheap!
  • None of those left in my size :(

Just bought a couple of these base layers to go under my SS top at £15 each from Amazon... thought it worth the punt

31Euks2F2KL.jpg
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    Yemble wrote:
    What's a good cheap deal on wicking long sleeve jerseys for commuting?

I've been using those Decathlon short-sleeve numbers (£7 ish) for a few years but don't think they make a long sleeve version. Since I'll need a few of them I'd rather pay closer to £10 than the £20+ I see everywhere at the usual online sites.

I was in decathlon yesterday and they now do a long sleeve version for £15.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Why are people bulk buying these cheap base layers when 1 merino layer can last all week without smelling which = less washing and more win.
  • iPete wrote:
    Why are people bulk buying these cheap base layers when 1 merino layer can last all week without smelling which = less washing and more win.
    I've used merino base layers for years for skiing. They're nice but I wouldn't wear one all week. Besides, I'm looking for a jersey not a 200g base layer.

Cheers PBo. Good to know.
  • MARKF
    MARKF Posts: 29
    I'd rather pay more & have better quality.I use Merino tops from these people,http://www.groundeffect.co.nz/ as has been mentioned you can use one or two tops for a weeks commuting,so you only need to buy 1 or 2 tops plus it's less washing so the cost is'nt as bad as it first seems.
  • Have you got a Sportsworld shop near you, if not you can buy online, they have some cycling gear. In particular I came across this Karrimor long sleeve top for seven quid, it's a proper good quality cycling jersey with reflectives, pockets, zip collar etc. and this one is in motorist-blinding hi-viz orange too:

http://www.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-lo ... e=63503290

I got the short sleeved one originally but I liked it so much I went back and got the L-S version. The Muddy Fox branded stuff they sell isn't quite as nice but you can't go wrong with Karrimor for that price.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Why would you buy polyester when you can have merino? Warmer, nicer to the touch, nicer to wear etc etc.

I bought two of the On Ones myself actually for 20 squid a piece. A bargain and a half!
  • +1 for the Karrimor jersey from Sportsdirect. I now have two and for £7 they are a bargain.