Para Worlds, Roskilde, 2011

2»

Comments

• EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    Totally awesome. That's got to feel great!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,204
    Cycling Plus should be tapping you up for an interview!
  • It's going to cost you a fortune in new kit you know. For the rest of your life you'll be having to have your jersey adjusted to add the arm and collar rainbows... :lol:
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    It's going to cost you a fortune in new kit you know. For the rest of your life you'll be having to have your jersey adjusted to add the arm and collar rainbows... :lol:

Tell me about it! Trying to figure out how to afford just paying for all the new white kit amd skinsuits for the next 2 years alone!
  • Pokerface wrote:
    It's going to cost you a fortune in new kit you know. For the rest of your life you'll be having to have your jersey adjusted to add the arm and collar rainbows... :lol:

Tell me about it! Trying to figure out how to afford just paying for all the new white kit amd skinsuits for the next 2 years alone!

Well you'd better make sure you win them on Saturday as well, just so your kit kan double up for the road ;-)

Two years though? Bet Thor is jealous :lol:
  • doyler78
    doyler78 Posts: 1,951
    Pokerface wrote:

Write a book :lol:
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Pokerface wrote:
    _71K2897.jpg

Far be it for me to question a bona fide World Champion, but what on earth is going on with that helmet?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rdt
    rdt Posts: 869
    Pokerface wrote:

Col, arrange a fund-raising ride, eg Macc into the peaks. Not everyone gets the chance to ride with a world champ. Plenty of well-wishers here whom I'm sure would be up for it and be very generous with the donations.

And very well done sir!
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    Weren't you riding a Specialized TT bike earlier in the year?.....what did the blonde look like from the front? :D
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    You'll have to change your photograph now!

How many jerseys do you get?
  • RichN95 wrote:

Far be it for me to question a bona fide World Champion, but what on earth is going on with that helmet?

This thread is missing an FF phot slideshow and a discussion of cycling footwear.

Good luck in the road race today Colin!
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface wrote:

Well you'd better make sure you win them on Saturday as well, just so your kit kan double up for the road ;-)

Due to the Paralympics in September next year, they don't have Road Worlds. So I get to be World Champion for 2 years.

@Tom BB - the Podium Girls were AWESOME. Alas - there were no kisses. But I nearly fell over walking onto the podium behind the whole line of them. :oops: I rode a Spesh last year but upgraded to Felt this year. And upgraded the frame mid-year again to the top-end Felt to make sure I had the best equipment I could afford. Every second counts!

@Tusher - I get one jersey on the podium. It's a decorative thing anyway. After this I have to get all my own skin suits and clothing made up. Only requirement is that I race in the rainbow stripes in all TTs for the next 2 years. But I'll want jerseys and shorts and stuff to train in.

@Riich - the helmet is pushed back on my head so that when I'm actually in my full TT position, it sits nice and flat on my back. The visor is quite deep so it comes down over my eyes when racing. Unfortunately, in those photos it looks horrible as I'm not fully aero yet!
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:

Due to the Paralympics in September next year, they don't have Road Worlds. So I get to be World Champion for 2 years.

@Tom BB - the Podium Girls were AWESOME. Alas - there were no kisses. But I nearly fell over walking onto the podium behind the whole line of them. :oops: I rode a Spesh last year but upgraded to Felt this year. And upgraded the frame mid-year again to the top-end Felt to make sure I had the best equipment I could afford. Every second counts!

@Tusher - I get one jersey on the podium. It's a decorative thing anyway. After this I have to get all my own skinsuits and clothing made up. Only requirement is that I race in the rainbow stripes in all TTs for the next 2 years. But I'll want jerseys and shorts and stuff to train in.

@Riich - the helmet is pushed back on my head so that when I'm actually in my full TT position, it sits nice and flat on my back. The visor is quite deep so it comes down over my eyes when racing. Unfortunately, in those photos it looks horrible as I'm not fully aero yet! Pic below shows my TT position with helmet:
    TTPic.jpg
  • Tusher
    Any links to this afternoon's race?
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Tusher wrote:
    Any links to this afternoon's race?

No live coverage that I can find. the best is this link which gives the unofficial results after the finish.
    mylaps

Colins race is at 16:00 Danish time, so it will be another couple of hours before it is finished.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • Tusher
    Thanks, LangerDan. I'll be following.
  • I'm not aware of any TV coverage at all, or even any live tickers, and I'm here in Denmark, so there's probably nothing.

The main site is here: http://www.paracycling2011.dk

There's a link to unofficial results straight from the timekeeping that may be updated live, but probably just laptimes: http://filer.dhif.dk/User/it/paracycling/mylaps.htm?mylaps=type,event,eventid,712331

Then there's a video page http://www.dhif.dk/document/default.asp?documentID=537&id=1108

And of course a Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/paracycling2011

If I find anything on local news I'll post it up!
  • Pokerface
    Came 6th in the road race today. Kinda blew my lights a little and got dropped from the lead group with a lap to go. But not a bad result.
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    Pokerface wrote:
    Came 6th in the road race today. Kinda blew my lights a little and got dropped from the lead group with a lap to go. But not a bad result.

Well done dude.. 6th is still top 10 - gotta be happy with that.
    cartoon.jpg
  • Tusher
    Colin, you must be exhausted. 6th is a great placing. Well Done!!

Hope you're having a relaxing afternoon, and are going out somewhere nice for a slap-up meal. Even elite athletes like you can have a day off- eat, drink and be merry!
  • Pokerface wrote:

Good effort, now hope you can relax and enjoy Roskilde/Copenhagen :-)

There's a pint on me if you're up for it!