Tenn-Outdoors Bib Shorts

JimboM
JimboM Posts: 380
edited July 2012 in Road beginners
Hi guys, has anyone here bought the bib shorts from Tenn-Outdoors and could advise on the sizing (ie do I need to buy a size up etc)

http://www.tenn-outdoors.co.uk/bib-shor ... kwhite-sml

I know they're not the best but I'm looking for a cheap pair as I'm hoping to shift a fair few pounds and don't want to spend a fortune on clothing that won't fit in a couple of months time. Currently 14 st 8 lbs which is a bit excessive for 5'9" :cry:

Cheers

Jim
Cannondale Synapse 105
Giant FCR3
GT Avalanche 3.0
Canyon Nerve AM 6.0

Comments

• I had a pair of tenn shorts and found them to tight on the legs even though i went a size up , they left really deep lines on my legs and felt uncomfortable.

I use decathlon shorts now as i find them very well priced, well made ,better padded etc.

I use the basic "3" padded shorts for commuting and the "5" bibs for the weekend club run .

I did a sportive and was in the saddle for 4.5 hours and the "5" were really comfy.

The "3" are ok but after 40 miles or so i find you need more.

I would link to the website but looks like it is being upgraded as it has anew interface and a lot of products are not listed.

heres the link anyway

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/
    FCN 3/5/9
  • Not quite what you asked but for the record I've got some Tenn Outdoors shorts. They seem OK but the pad is really thing and I've relegated them to emergency use only!

My DHB and Lusso shorts have MUCH more comfortable pads.

Dave
  • JimboM
    JimboM Posts: 380
    Thanks for the replies guys

On reconsidering I think I'm being overly tight and for the sake of an extra £15 I might as well get myself some DHBs or Shutt VRs.

Cheers

Jim
    Cannondale Synapse 105
    Giant FCR3
    GT Avalanche 3.0
    Canyon Nerve AM 6.0
  • ads2k
    ads2k Posts: 135
    ^^ Recommend either as I have both, but the service you get from Shutt is second to none in my experience :D

No problems with Shutt's standard bibs after 5+hrs in the saddle although I can't compare to more expensive brands as I've never had any.
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    There's a thread on here re shutt gear where the company MD replied personally. Seems you get good service from them, if thats what you want.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • I may be a little late to comment (3 years or so) but to anyone looking up this post I'll add my tuppence worth.

When I bought the Tenn bib shorts and had to exchange the large for the extra large as the straps were far too tight as well as the legs. They were very quick to exchange them without any problem but I have found after wearing them a dozen times or so that the stitching has started to come out.

Over all they are very comfortable and they must have improved the crotch padding as I've no complaints there. It's just a shame that even with the decent material used they are falling apart because of poor quality stitching.

I bought a short sleeve jersey at the same time and it's the same story there too. Comfortable but poorly made.