marzocchi bomber 55 ata2

JonNicholson95
JonNicholson95 Posts: 13
edited September 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
i own a set of 55 ata2 forks (the 2008 model) and i have noticed that they dont even come close to 160mm travel stated on the marzocchi website(my guess is about 1/3-1/2 of that) and i was wondering if the travel is adjustable in any way on this model.
i have checked the manual and that was about as useful as a chocolate kettle, told me everything but what i wanted to know.
any help would be appreciated, thanks

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    50mm travel? Maybe they are fubared.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • damn! haha
    could it be that they need servicing? if yes then does anybody have a link to a service manual for this model?
    thanks again
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Marzocchi 55? ATA or ATA2?
    Yes, buggered. They will repeatedly fail on you. Last time mine got repaired, they arrived back in the box, I checked that they were ok again, and left them in the garage ready to fit back on the bike the following morning.
    By morning, they had shrunk again.

Oh, and incidentally, YES, ATA2 forks ARE travel adjust. That's what ATA means, All Travel Adjust.

but seriosuly, bin them, they're as unreliable as a girlfriend with a coke habit.
  • im pretty certain they are ata2, the air valve and rebound adjustment are on the top
    its not that they have shrunk they just wont travel past about 80-90mm :(

my bike is about as "unreliable as a girlfriend with a coke habit" in general haha
    thanks,
    i think i will just give servicing them myself a go and if that doesnt work then ye olde bin it is