Route advice needed! Barnet - St James Park

rubertoe
rubertoe Posts: 3,994
edited September 2011 in Commuting general
So i gone and got my self a new Job - down at St James Park (right opposite the tube station).

So i am after some advice for the quickest ( i don't care about scenery - i just need to get to work) route from High Barnet down to St James Park - I still plan to go direct to Archway, which is my normal daily commute via the great north road (A1000) but when i get to archway i am lost!

I was thinking - i wanna avoid Holloway road (death trap) and head towards Camden via Junction road - but this is the limit of my knowledge!

I have a week of from current job next week so plan on doing a Trial - so any advice on the route is greatly appreciated.
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills

Comments

• http://www.transportdirect.info gives a number of routes, the quickest being 12.2 miles on the A1000, B519 through East FInchley, picking up the A400 Kentish Town, Camden, Gower Street, Shaftesbury Ave, Charing X Road, Whitehall, Parliament Sq.
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • Camden Rd, Camden St, Pratt St, Delancey St, Albany St, Gt Portland St, Gt Castle St, Regent St, Haymarket, Pall Mall, Waterloo Pl, (steps), Horse Guards Rd, Storey's Gt, Tothill St.
    I'm figureing this on which roads are usually clearest for riders, ie Gower St is a mess all day and should always be avoided.
    Ps, I'm a courier, trust me.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Cheers chaps -

Week of work next week so will try out a few routes!

Dont mind the traffic - it is larndan after all - just wanna get there quickly and direct.

I'll avoid Gower St.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • plowmar
    plowmar Posts: 1,032
    Was just going to say M25, A1 come off at Gateshead and you're just about there. The I realised this St James Park is in London :oops: :oops: :oops: .

In that case get a tube as there is snow forecast before 2015 :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: Heh, heh, heh.
  • steve-m
    steve-m Posts: 106
    rubertoe wrote:
    So i gone and got my self a new Job - down at St James Park (right opposite the tube station).

So i am after some advice for the quickest ( i don't care about scenery - i just need to get to work) route from High Barnet down to St James Park - I still plan to go direct to Archway, which is my normal daily commute via the great north road (A1000) but when i get to archway i am lost!

I was thinking - i wanna avoid Holloway road (death trap) and head towards Camden via Junction road - but this is the limit of my knowledge!

I ride down Holloway Road daily, not much worse then other roads. No ideal about getting to St James, you could go down Liverpool Road halfway down Holloway road.
    Fixed, commute: Langster 08, FCN6
    Road : Aravis (byercycles) Shimano 105 triple
    Hybrid: Trek 7.2 FX, unused / unloved