Shimano R087 Buckle Problem

Helios Black
Helios Black Posts: 4
edited February 2013 in Road beginners
Ok, I feel absolutely retarded asking this but for the life of me I can't figure out how to loosen the buckle on my Shimano R087 road shoes... I can tighten them (and now they're tightened as far as they'll go) but I can't figure out how to move the strap the other way. The buckle has a white part that can be pulled up that tightens it and a black part that doesn't seem to do much of anything... Searches for this topic left me with nothing so now I feel even worse... Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• t5nel
    t5nel Posts: 365
    push the black part (on the edge furthest from the white) towards the strap and it should loosen. If under tension this will be automatic, if not then you may need to oull the strap yourself. Another way to think of this is that to loosen you rotate the black lever in the opposite direction that you use to tighten on the white lever - both of these levers pivot around pretty much the same point.

I have R106 but I think the strap is the same.

Tim
    My bikes
    MTB - 1997 Kona Kula
    Hybrid - Kona Dew Deluxe
    Road - 2011 Ribble Gran Fondo, Omega Matrix Ultegra
  • Thanks a ton, Tim! That did it, but wow that took way more force than I was expecting it to.
  • t5nel
    t5nel Posts: 365
    maybe they were stuck or something...does it still take lots of pressure now? Mine require very little pressure and I have only done ~150 miles on them
    My bikes
    MTB - 1997 Kona Kula
    Hybrid - Kona Dew Deluxe
    Road - 2011 Ribble Gran Fondo, Omega Matrix Ultegra
  • I think it might have been the first time doing it because now they're extremely easy to unstrap. Thanks again, I even asked my buddy and the two of us were completely stuck.
  • To open the Cleat on the Shimano R087 Shoe all you need do is press on the Black part of the buckle and slide the strap outwards, to tighten the strap simply use the white part of the Cleat or pull the strap away from yourself.

Regards