Making sense of the Rockshox Revs range?

Stevo_666
Stevo_666 Posts: 60,678
edited September 2011 in MTB general
Does anyone else find the Rockshox website a bit hard to work out the differences between the different Revelation models?
http://www.sram.com/rockshox/category/107
There doesn't seem to be an easy comparison chart or guide, or am I being thick? If anyone has any handy links that would be much appreciated.
"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    These are 2011 forks. It goes a bit like this:

RL - Motion control damping, but the floodgate adjuster needs a 2.5mm allen key.

RLT - As above, but is an external floodgate adjuster

RLT Ti - BlackBox motion control - improved internals and high speed damping

XX - Hydraulic bar mounted lever, but the basic MoCo internals.

World Cup - gets a lighter coating on the lowers, and carbon fibre crown and steerer.

Dual air is as it says, dual position a 30mm travel adjuster. All have dual flow rebound, which the beginning stroke is externally adjustable. All are available Qr, 15mm or 20mm bolt through, and tapered steerers.
  • Stevo_666
    Thanks Sonic, great little summary 8) With this dual air business, understand that but they have 'dual air' and 'dual position air': is it not the dual position air that is the travel adjustable version?

Will have to see if I can fathom the 2012 range, seems some places are selling them but they're not on the RS website yet.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • supersonic
    Yeah, dual position air allows an instant 30mm travel drop.
  • NatoED
    NatoED Posts: 480
    doesn't the duel air also allow better setup as you balance two air chambers ?
  • supersonic
    It allows a bit more tuning yes, as the DPA is a single valve.
  • NatoED
    NatoED Posts: 480
    thought as much .
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Dual air allows more customisation but the balance on the DPA seems to be pretty good... For most people Dual Air seems to be a tool for sabotaging their own forks :lol:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Stevo_666
    Northwind wrote:
    Dual air allows more customisation but the balance on the DPA seems to be pretty good... For most people Dual Air seems to be a tool for sabotaging their own forks :lol:
    Given my general mechanical/practical ineptitude that would push me towards the DPA :)