Have you seen this group on facebook?

petemadoc
petemadoc Posts: 2,331
edited September 2011 in The bottom bracket
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Driving-o ... 3978735210

I shouldn't be surprised but the number of people liking this page and posting comments is pretty disgusting. What's with all the hate?

Comments

• APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    Yeah, or one similar a while back. There are plenty of people out there who hate cyclists. There's no getting away from that. However,you can't really take anyone who lists 'Joe Dirt' as one of his favourite films too seriously IMO :lol:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Given all the prison sentences for arranging non-existant riots, either these guys should be imprisioned, or the criminal system is beyond retarded.
  • Fail on so many levels.
  • Just a joke, why worry. Welcome to the internet, people say things they wouldn't do. OH NOESSSSS
  • pedylan
    pedylan Posts: 768
    And the picture is, IIRC of a drunk driver causing multiple fatalities by colliding with a group of racing cyclists (Mexico?).

How very, very depressing.
    Where the neon madmen climb
  • MrChuck
    MrChuck Posts: 1,663
    Just a joke, why worry. Welcome to the internet, people say things they wouldn't do. OH NOESSSSS

You're right. Nobody gets knocked off their bikes by twunts in cars, do they?
  • Yeh, it does happen. But half the people just chat breeze on the internet in order to "fit in" with their net friends.

It's the internet, why get worried. and facebook at that.
  • John Stevenson
    John Stevenson Posts: 962
    edited September 2011
    That would seem to me to violate Facebook's T&S:

http://www.facebook.com/terms.php
    5 Protecting Other People's Rights

We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.

1 You will not post content or take any action on Facebook that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.

Driving on bike paths is illegal in most jurisdictions I am aware of, and in many encouraging people to break the law is itself illegal.

I've reported it, I suggest everyone else do the same.
    John Stevenson
  • rick_chasey
    Yeh, it does happen. But half the people just chat breeze on the internet in order to "fit in" with their net friends.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/sep/0 ... own-courts
    The most severe sentences relating to the riots were handed to Perry Sutcliffe-Keenan and Jordan Blackshaw, both from Chester, who received four years for inciting riots in their home towns of Warrington and Northwich on Facebook. None of the messages posted by either individual led to a riot. Both are appealing against their sentences.

The next most severe penalty was handed to 18-year-old Amed Pelle, given a 33-month prison term, also for posting Facebook messages. This was equal to the sentence passed on Dwaine Spence, who led a gang of 30 to 40 youths on a rampage through Wolverhampton town centre and hurled a 3ft plank of wood at a police car.

How is this any different?!?!
  • they park in the bike path often enough, why not go the extra step? surprised most of them havent already. :roll:
  • Yeh, it does happen. But half the people just chat breeze on the internet in order to "fit in" with their net friends.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/sep/0 ... own-courts
    The most severe sentences relating to the riots were handed to Perry Sutcliffe-Keenan and Jordan Blackshaw, both from Chester, who received four years for inciting riots in their home towns of Warrington and Northwich on Facebook. None of the messages posted by either individual led to a riot. Both are appealing against their sentences.

The next most severe penalty was handed to 18-year-old Amed Pelle, given a 33-month prison term, also for posting Facebook messages. This was equal to the sentence passed on Dwaine Spence, who led a gang of 30 to 40 youths on a rampage through Wolverhampton town centre and hurled a 3ft plank of wood at a police car.

How is this any different?!?!

The speed of prosecution and harshness of sentencing clearly shows that the riots were given a special status, as can be decided whenever the press, the police, the judiciary and politicians see fit.

Safety of cyclists is BAU.
  • I don't think we've got much to worry about with comments such as these...

"they could solve this by makeing them do a corce to be licenced to ride on the road :)"
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • rick_chasey
    Ah look, I'm being deliberately obtuse and making a point about the riots prison sentences, which is clearly not what this is about.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I have reported the page, found the headings to report under a bit limiting, but hey-ho.

I agree with Rick Chasey, point made and understood.
  • rick_chasey
    dmclite wrote:

I agree with Rick Chasey,

:shock:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    dmclite wrote:

I agree with Rick Chasey,

:shock:

Hey, come on, it had to happen some time..........I even read the Independent now, although The Guardian is still a bit of a leap for me.

To quote Earl Hickey, "I'm just trying to be a better person." :)