• dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    'bent?
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,633
    There was more on the list, but BR got angry at how long it was. 'Bent was never included though.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    And why the CX shame? Come winter that's what I'll be on (fitted a rear guard last night)
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • Titanium road bike! summer
    Steel winter ie started today
    Racing is rubbish you can\'t relax and enjoy it- because some bugger is always trying to get past.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    CX, I've got far more to be ashamed of. All year, can't afford two commuter bikes. :(
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    my fixed gear is clearly a road bike with a fixed gear and it is steel framed - I have voted as fixed but I consider it to be a road bike really as it has drops and a brake... the mountain bike comes out in the ice and snow but the weekend road bike never goes into work
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • pangolin
    Well yes most fixed gear bikes are road bikes, and I suspect all of us have brakes on them. I can only think of a couple of instances of seeing people around London, on my commute, with a fixed gear and no brakes. Must be terrifying.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    No they are not. Fixed gear/Single speed and Road bikes are different types of bike deserving their own section in a shop.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • pangolin
    Yes that's why I gave them separate poll options. My point was you have a "road" fixed gear / singlespeed and a "MTB" fixed gear / singlespeed.

Road: http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/YBOOPOMPADV/on-one-pompino-green-advancer-fixie-bike

MTB: http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/CBOOWHIPSS/on-one-carbon-whippet-single-speed

Obviously almost all of what we see on our commutes are the road versions.

Apart from the lack of gears there isn't much difference between a "road" SS/FG and a regular road bike, which was edhornby's point I think.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    No they are not. Fixed gear/Single speed and Road bikes are different types of bike deserving their own section in a shop.

What about a track bike with a front brake...
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • This has turned into a fun poll hasn't it! 8)
    Steel Blue Fixed - Orange Backpack Cover

How do i get a link to a photo in here?!

Fixeh