Please let this be a hoax...

finchy
finchy Posts: 6,686
edited September 2011 in The bottom bracket
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/trave ... rbour.html

This has got to be about the most stupid thing I have ever heard.

Comments

• Well if it isn't a hoax there is only one way to deal with the stupid man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhJQp-q1Y1s
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    I suspect it's either made up or exaggerated - no one could be that much of a dickhead, could they?

Some of the comments are funny, though.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Cod rest my sole what an utter pratt, when I first caught this fishy tail I thought my herring must be going. It's made me really crabby. I want him to go to halibut* I'd settle for a good battering. What a massive chip he must have on his shoulder, i hope he's finished (fin-ished?).

Livlihoods are at steak because of the line this guy has taken, I can't believe he could get so hooked up on it. Today's headlines will be tomorrow's chip wrappings.

Hello, is this thing on?

*ok, that was pretty tenuous
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • "People go on holiday and this is what they have to put up with - fish p*ss, all day, every day, since the beginning of time no less. Its a scandal, I'm appalled. "

:D
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,089
    ddraver wrote:
    Cod rest my sole what an utter pratt, when I first caught this fishy tail I thought my herring must be going. It's made me really crabby. I want him to go to halibut* I'd settle for a good battering. What a massive chip he must have on his shoulder, i hope he's finished (fin-ished?).

Livlihoods are at steak because of the line this guy has taken, I can't believe he could get so hooked up on it. Today's headlines will be tomorrow's chip wrappings.

Hello, is this thing on?

Cod get batter than that
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    ddraver wrote:

Hello, is this thing on?

Trying to read that has given me a blinding haddock.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • The bloke must be a w@nker of the highest order,and I actually pitty his kids.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Herbie The Dog
    Herbie The Dog Posts: 343
    edited September 2011
    Of all the things in Ilfracombe he could have complained about he moans about fish?

Although he sounds a dab hand at complaining.
  • Mr Copp needs to be firmly put in his plaice.
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    I blame Wiggle.
  • WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

I bet if he ever has to go to the emergency room, he would complain if someone came by splurting blood, and lodge a complaint with newspapers.

He just wants his half a page of fame!
  • This piece of cod passeth all understanding.
  • bagpusscp
    bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
    The net works are always trawling for a story.He must be basking in coverage.Lack of current affish news.
    bagpuss
  • Complete and utter tool. I may add him on a well known social network site if he is on it so I can abuse him in person.
  • ddraver
    bagpusscp wrote:
    .Lack of current affish news.

Terrible! :)
    - @ddraver
  • pedylan
    pedylan Posts: 768
    A complete netwit.
    Where the neon madmen climb
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Stuff him. In the same paper is this story - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... f-sex.html

Can't help but think the judge was looking after his own interests when came up with his verdict. Good for him.
  • -spider-
    -spider- Posts: 2,548
    CiB wrote:
    Stuff him. In the same paper is this story - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... f-sex.html

Can't help but think the judge was looking after his own interests when came up with his verdict. Good for him.

Did he complain about the smell of fish too?

-Spider-
  • ddraver
    CiB wrote:

I might have to wait until I get hoem to try a Pun Run on that one....
    - @ddraver
  • Feltup
    Feltup Posts: 1,340
    You have to wonder if it is a clever bit of viral marketing by Ilfracombe? I don't know it all smells a bit fishy to me.
    Short hairy legged roadie FCN 4 or 5 in my baggies.

Felt F55 - 2007
    Specialized Singlecross - 2008
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
    Peugeot Tourmalet - 1983 - taken more hits than Mohammed Ali
  • bagpusscp
    bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
    Pussies always smell of fish......cos they eat a lot of it.
    bagpuss
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    His complaining serves no porpoise. I did hear the local rag paid him a few squid for the story though.

Sorry.
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    This story really leaves a salty taste in my mouth. I pray to cod its a hoax.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    The whiting is on the wall for Ilfracombe. Mind you I had a whale of a time there with a small dab of disspoinment as the town has no sole.
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    I don't think he got anywhere with his complaint - eel just have to lighten up.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill